51. 𝐼 𝑊𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢

Queen

Syn opened the door to the restaurant for me and I held the giant bears he won for me against my chest. "Thank you," I said.

I froze instinctively like I'd been doing all day when we were in contact with people and Syn held a hand at the small of my back. "Relax," he whispered into my ear.

I took a deep breath and relaxed as he led us to the hostess in the front of the restaurant. "Table for two," Syn said.

The woman smiled at us and I smiled back when I realized our disguises were working. She passed us two menus and gestured at a large dining area. "Sit anywhere you like, the patio is also open for dining if that's what you'd prefer."

"Thanks," Syn muttered. We walked away from the woman and he moved his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "Inside or outside?"

"Outside," I answered.

We walked past the scarce guests in the restaurant and out to the patio. I moved to get my chair to sit down but Syn slapped my hands away. "Ow," I pouted as I rubbed my hands.

He grinned down at me and pulled the chair for me. "There you go."

"You're sweet," I said. "But you're an asshole."

He laughed softly and sat in the chair across me. I set the bears down next to my leg and smiled. I didn't even know I could have as much fun as I did today. Even before Syn died we didn't date so this was an incredibly nice change.

He took me to a pier nearby and we played a bunch of games. More like me dragging him from game to game but he didn't protest. They were all fun but once we began playing a game, he couldn't lose. We would play and replay until he won something for me.

The game hosts were pretty annoyed every time he would do it but I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

"The last time we had a candlelit dinner, you tried to kill me with a salt shaker," he said as he sat back in his seat.

"That's an overreaction, I passed you the salt."

"You passed it to my face at one hundred miles per hour."

I laughed softly and he smiled at me. "You had fun today?"

"I had a blast," I admitted excitedly. "It was funny as hell when you were yelling at the Ferris wheel attendant to bring us down."

"I heard a screw fall out from...somewhere. I saved everyone on that machine," he said nonchalantly.

"Uh-huh."

"I just don't like them, I don't mind the heights but they're just weird."

I smiled and looked around the dimly lit area. We were the only two out here and it was intimate enough already without him looking at me the way he was. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked as I covered my face.

He moved my hand out of my face and held it in his as he leaned his arms onto the table. "Like what?"

"Like...that," I said as I circled my hand in front of his face.

"I can't look at my girl?"

"Ughh, my pussy," I mumbled lowly as butterflies flew across my body.

"What?"

"Ughh, my heart...you're being so sweet."

"That's what you said," he said with a smirk as he kissed my hand.

"Mhmm."

The door to the patio opened and a waitress walked over to us with a notepad in hand. "Can I start you off with drinks?"