39. 𝐸𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑦

Queen

Syn being able to ride a motorcycle surprised me in the best way possible. I felt at complete ease as I laid my cheek against his back and the cool breeze passed us. All of the streets were practically empty so he went as fast as he wanted.

The motorcycle came to a slow and I looked up to see the large store. Syn parked into a random spot in the large but empty parking lot and got off. "Wait here for me," he said. "If I'm not back in seven minutes, leave."

"I'm not leaving you," I said.

Syn sighed and passed me the gun in his waistband. "When do you even put this in there?" I asked as I held the gun.

He shrugged. "I don't know, maybe it magically pops up whenever I put on clothes," he said.

"Really?"

"No," he answered. "I'll be right back."

I nodded and Syn had his head down low as he walked into the store. Seven Minutes. I didn't have a watch or a phone, how was I supposed to tell when the time was up?

Looking around the dark and empty parking lot, I saw no option than to count down from 420 seconds. I tapped rhythmically on the seat as I counted and when I got to 300 seconds, someone tapped on my shoulder.

I immediately turned around and was greeted by a group of men. How didn't I notice them approach me? I stared at them longer and was able to credit their stealth to them being vamps.

They smelled horrible as they all seemed to be either holding a drink or smoking a cigarette. "Why don't you come with us, pretty lady," the ringleader said.

"No, thank you," I replied nicely as I looked at them. A gasp sounded as the group and a shorter and more stout man pushed through the group.

"You're the Queen," he said as he pointed at me. He turned back to the group of goons and grinned towards them. "The cash prize for info on her is fifty thousand."

They all looked at me with hungry eyes and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. What did they expect to truly do with me?

The ringleader gave me a crooked smile and I furrowed my brows. "I'm giving you all a chance to live if you leave now," I spoke up. 

They all laughed and I sighed. By now, I was used to being undermined and every single time I had proven those who doubted me wrong. I refused to let this be the first time I failed.

"Grab her," he commanded. The four men with him came toward me quickly and I stepped onto the bike. Sorry, Rocky. I hopped onto one of the men and wrapped my legs around his head as I shot another one in the head.

The man I was on top of struggled to get me off of him and I snapped his neck and fell with him to the floor. The other two men took the chance to lunge at me while I was on the floor and one grabbed my leg.

My strength wasn't something he could overpower and I easily kicked him in the face and he stumbled backward. The other man backed up from me when he saw what I did and the man I kicked held his nose as it bled.

I stood up quickly and held my fists up. "Well, come on then," I said as I gestured for them to hit me.

The men looked at their leader and he glared at me but made no move to touch me. He balled up his fists but a smile returned to his face. "It's alright y'all, they said information, not her. We'll just tell them their precious Queen is in Juva."

They turned to walk away and I was left with a decision. Either I could let them go and risk Syn and I getting caught, or I could kill them. The second option seemed better so I cocked the gun and aimed for one of the men on the left of the leader.