61. 𝑈𝑛𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛...?

Queen

My heart was more at ease now that Bezy was sound asleep in bed but my mind was still running in circles. I never thought about what Syn would like when he came home. I knew he'd look the same but there was something different in the way he looked at me.

It truly made me want to do what Cleo said but I fought against it. He left me and he couldn't just come back as if nothing happened.

I moved to my bed and began folding clothes to distract myself but my eyes kept drifting to my closed door. There was nothing but a hallway between Syn and I which made staying away from him even more difficult.

I gave up on folding a few minutes later and started stuffing clothes into my drawers. I froze when a slow and rhythmic knock sounded at my door and I took a deep breath. I slowly made my way to the door with small steps and silent mantras.

Please don't be him.

Please don't be him.

Please don't be h-

"Hello, Princess," Syn said smoothly as he leaned his forearm against the door frame and looked down at me. His eyes were back to their regular shade of green and his hair was black as night. He licked his pink lips and I rolled my eyes to look anywhere but at them.

Instead of replying to him, I stepped back and swung the door closed. I fought the urge to open it and with a deep breath, I turned around and took a step in the direction of my bed. The same knocking at the door made me stop and I turned to open it again.

"What do you want?" I asked in irritation.

"You."

"Well, you can't have me."

"And why is that?" He asked as he walked into my room. I took a step back and he shut my room door.

"Why'd you close the door?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"I wanted to be alone with you."

"We could be alone with the door open," I said as I walked towards it and opened it. "Wide open."

"You're mad at me," he said.

"Yeah, no shit smartass," I said in annoyance as I walked past him.

"You still take my breath away," he whispered from behind me.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Can you leave?" I asked as I sat on my bed and pointed to the door. He headed to the door but instead of leaving as I asked, he closed the door and walked towards me. I took a shaky breath and closed my eyes as he came in front of me and bent down.

I held my lips firmly together as I felt his warm breath on mine and smelled the savory scent of his aftershave. His finger gently traced down my thigh and I swatted his hand away.

With a deep chuckle he stood up straight and I felt the bed move beside me. I opened my eyes to look at him and I rolled them when I found him staring at me.

"Syn we're not together anymore," I said as I stood up.

"Yes we are," he replied calmly.

"No. We're not. You left for an entire month and didn't call or text or anything. Who fucking does that to someone they love?"

"Someone who has to do something important," he said seriously as he leaned his arms onto his thighs.

I had to ignore the way his sleeves were rolled up on his muscular forearms and exposing his tattoo sleeve. If I paid any more attention to the occasional flexing, I'd pass out.