36. 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠...

Queen

I guided Syn to my apartment and we took busy streets to avoid the cops. I should've been a lot more afraid but I felt carefree with him even though we were being hunted.

"We should leave the car here," Syn said as he parked a few blocks down from the apartment. "We can get a new one later."

I nodded and he parked the car into a random spot on the busy street. He looked around in the car and spotted a sweater in the backseat and picked it up. "Change into this."

I was thankful I chose a car with tinted windows and I lifted my arms to remove the gown. "Ouch!" I screamed as I felt a sharp pain in my back.

"What is it?" Syn asked worriedly.

"I don't know," I said lowly as I tried to reach behind me. "Something hurts like a bitch."

Syn's eyes followed where I was trying to touch and he gave me an apologetic look. "I got shot."

"Huh?" I said as I froze.

"Back in the hospital, I forgot you'd feel it too." We'd been driving for almost an hour and he didn't mention it. I winced every time we so much as hit a rock in the street but he remained fine.

"Is the bullet still inside or something?" I asked with a grimace.

"Yes, it is," he answered.

"Turn around," I commanded.

He didn't fight as he did what I said and he removed his jacket. I waited for him to unbutton his shirt and I watched as he slid it down his broad shoulders. Get a grip, Queen.

I didn't have anything to take it out with so I'd have to use my hands and I knew it'd hurt the both of us. A lot. "This is going to hurt."

"I'll be okay. Will you?"

"Nope."

Syn remained silent and I sucked in a large breath as my finger touched the wound. "Are you serious, Queen?" He muttered.

"What? It hurts..." I whined.

"Come on, you're one of the strongest-"

"Strongest women you know?" I offered with a smug smile.

"No," he said. My smile dropped and he locked eyes in the rearview mirror. "You're one of the strongest people I know."

"Aww," I started. "I'm going to cry about this later."

He laughed and I took a deep breath and held it as I put my fingers into the wound. I almost cried as I felt it in my own back but I continued. After a few moments, I felt the bullet and pulled it out. "There we go," I whispered in a strained voice.

"Good job, now change."

The wound on my shoulder healed almost instantly after removing the bullet and I took my gown off. I felt eyes on me and turned to see Syn trying his best to look anywhere else and I smiled to myself. I appreciated his patience after what happened but I still wanted the man like crazy.

I slipped into the sweater and Syn pulled the hoodie above my head. I was pretty well disguised for what we had at the moment, but Syn would be completely exposed. He needed something, anything.

I looked around the car but saw nothing and I opened the glove compartment. I shrugged as I saw a pair of sunglasses and passed it to him. "Wear these."

He slipped them on and turned to me with a smirk. "Sexy?"

"Ehh, it's whatever," I said coolly. He already looked sexy enough considering we were going through hell. His ego didn't need to be stroked any more.