35. 𝐿𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝐼𝑡

Syn

I watched intently as the doctor checked Queens's heart rate again and I looked at him with concern. "Is she alright?"

"She's fine," he answered as he put his stethoscope back into his pocket.

"Then why isn't she waking up?" I asked as I took her hand into mine. Queen passed out shortly after we got her into a hospital bed and ever since she hasn't woken up.

"We're not positive on that sir," he answered. "But generally, when the body has gone through as much trauma as hers does, the mind can shut itself off. A sort of internal defense mechanism, if you will."

"I see," I said softly as I brought her hand to my lips.

"May I leave now?" The doctor said as his eyes moved to the gun in my hand. I had completely forgotten about it and looked back at him.

"You can leave when she's awake."

Queen and I practically emptied the hospital. It was locked down and nobody remained inside besides patients and a few doctors. We didn't want to risk anyone calling in a tip to the police station.

"I have a family," the man said.

"And you will go home to them," I said sincerely. I watched as he visibly relaxed and I took the opportunity to lift my gun. "If she wakes up," I added.

The man nodded quickly and looked at the nurses in the room. "Someone check her again, please." No one volunteered and I pointed the gun at a short woman sitting on the counter.

"You," I said as I titled my gun in Queen's direction. "Check her."

"There's no need," she said with a shrug as she checked her nails condescendingly.

"Why?" I asked in frustration.

"She's clearly part succubus," she said with a laugh. "You all are running around like chickens with your head cut off when she just needs to feed."

I wasn't aware that Queen was a succubus. I sensed a lot of underworld darkness but I never assumed that. "So I need a soul," I repeated.

"Yup," she said with a shrug.

"And you knew this the entire time?" I asked with a laugh. "That's impressive."

She gloated as if she were happy about the compliment and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I knew as soon as I walked in. I'm a witch, we're pretty intuitive about these things."

"Well thank you for volunteering your soul," I said as I stood up.

"What?" She asked as her smile dropped.

"You heard me," I said as I stepped towards her. "Since you were the one that so kindly volunteered that information after all this time, I figure your soul should be the one."

"No!" She said as she shook her head. "I wouldn't have told you if I thought you would-"

I grabbed her hair and bit her neck as she screamed out. The nurses around me seemed terrified but they remained quiet for fear that I would go after them next. I removed my mouth from her neck and dragged her to Queen.

"Stop!" She yelled as she tried to hit me. Her arm moved to push against Queen and I tugged her back.

"Lay a hand on her and I'll make this one hundred times more painful than it needs to me," I threatened.

Tears streamed down her face as fear took over her body and I ignored it. There was only one person in here that I was worried about. I positioned her neck over Queen's mouth and watched as the blood fell onto her lips.