Chapter 148: Beautiful Thing

(Before anyone asks, the song is called: Beautiful Thing by Grace Vanderwall, who is amazing and I absolutely love the song.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hailee Steinfeld as Reagan Parker!

Ever since she was little, Reagan always loved singing, everywhere she went she was either humming something or she was singing. Tonight was the first time she was ever going to sing in front of a crowd. Peering through the curtain, she could spot her older brother Peter, their Aunt May, and her two friends MJ and Ned. To say she was beyond nervous, was a reach.

Reagan was currently fighting off the flurry of thoughts that were going on in her mind. She waited for the moment to be able to sing in front of people, but now that the moment arrived, she was freaking out. Rightfully so to admit the truth. Soon she heard her name being called, she walked out on stage and sat in front of the piano. Taking a deep breath, Reagan began playing the keys and singing.

"You think that you know my heart, and you probably do." She blocked out the audience, and kept going, reminiscing all of her early memories of being little with her brother. Peter was always there, he was Reagan's better half, and she was his. Without the other they would have no idea what to do. "That's why I'm always with you."

Gliding her fingers across the keys on the piano, "I could stay with you for hours in an empty room. And never get bored, never have nothing to do." Peter loved seeing and hearing his sister sing, it's the one thing that made her happy. That's all he could wish for, life had been crazy, since the snap, Mr. Stark passing away, being afraid of disappearing.

When Peter found Reagan she cried in his arms, she had no idea where he was, May wasn't picking up her phone, and then she disappeared and returned in the hallways of Midtown High School. It was a terrifying, funny thing about the whole coming back, as Reagan was still the same fifteen year old girl five years prior.

"You're my other half, you're what makes me me. What makes me smile when I fall down." It clicked in Peter's head that this song was about someone in Reagan's life, but who was she singing about? Was it a friend? A crush? He honestly didn't know. It wasn't until after she was done, that he and May went to her backstage.

"Reagan! That was amazing, sweetheart." May said, pulling her niece into a hug.

Reagan giggled, "Thanks Aunt May, what'd you think Pete?" Rey turned to her brother, hoping he would say something good.

"It was awesome sis, what's the song about?" Peter asked.

"Why don't we get home and eat some dinner, you're probably starving after that." Soon they left and headed back to the apartment. And while May was preparing dinner, Rey went to her room, putting her sheet music away and just winding down, having changed into more comfortable clothing she started reading a book.

When she heard a knock at her door, it opened and it was Peter she smiled at him and he sat down on her bed at her feet. "So, are you going to tell me who the song is about?" He asked, smirking.

Peter crossed his arms, "Is it about a boy? Cause I will find out who it is, and then will tell him if he breaks your heart there will be consequences."

"So you're going to give yourself the dad talk?" Peter's eyes went wide, he looked at Reagan who had her eyes glued to her book. Then she glanced at him and began laughing, "I'm being 110% serious Peter, the song was about you, did you not listen to the lyrics?" She questioned.

"I did! But I assumed it was about a boy you liked and stuff, not a... about me out of all people." Peter said nervously.

"I recorded it, if you want me to send it to you."

"That'd be cool, Rey. And thanks for writing a song about me." Peter hugged Reagan, smiling, and knowing that his little sister would one day change the world, with her beautiful voice and mind bending lyrics.

"No problem Peter, you're my best friend!" After they hugged, May called them out for dinner and they left Reagan's room. (I'm sorry for this being so short, I didn't really want to write a long one.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 148