56. 𝐼 𝑈𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑇𝑜 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐻𝑖𝑚

Start from the beginning

"Sebastian! How dare you reach out after what you did to my daughter you fucking sicko?! The deal was for you to be with her, not hurt her."

Everyone in the room froze at the voice's words but tears moved to my eyes as I recognized the voice on the other side of the call.

"I don't know if Eve will help you but I'm done! If I see you I will murder you," she threatened. "No matter whose body you go into next, I'll find you."

The phone hung up with a loud beep that echoed throughout the room and I looked down at the phone dumbfounded.

"Those bitches!" Lucifer yelled as he kicked an empty chair and gripped his hair.

"That was Lilith, right?" Xavier groaned.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Why did she mention Sebastian?" Genesis asked. "She called us Sebastian. Isn't he dead?"

I shook my head slowly as my eyes stayed on the phone. "His body was never found."

"She called Dimitri's number almost every day. We literally sent her a text saying that it was Dimitri. Why the hell would she call us Sebastian?" Mia asked.

I felt bile rose in my throat as I tried to make any sort of connection between Dimitri and Sebastian. Sebastian was my childhood friend, he wouldn't be involved in anything that would hurt me, right? I knew he could be angry at times...but to go as far as to do what they were saying, it was insane.

"I don't know your Sebastian but I do have a confession," Hades said. We all turned to him and he looked deep in thought as looked far off at the table.

"A few years ago, maybe five...I guess. Dimitri and I kissed," he started and my mouth dropped. "Let me explain."

We remained quiet and he took a deep breath and shook his head. "He and I worked together for years before I made any sort of move on him. He wasn't doing the best mentally and he wasn't gay so I remained friends with him."

"He told me about a few centuries ago, he was possessed by a man named Vladimir Rousette-"

"The serial rapist?!" Cleo asked.

"Yes, apparently he was the test subject of some sick possession study and they let an asylum patient into his mind to test the fragility of human morality."

"Why have I never heard about this?" I asked.

"After Vladimir died in Dimitri's body, Dimitri came back and he was found innocent of all crimes. The leaders of the realms apologized to him and he was relinquished of all the crimes Vladimir did."

"And then what?" Lucifer asked.

"He was still used as a test subject but those times it wasn't by people as bad," he answered. "When I met him, he was Dimitri. No one was possessing him and he was dealing with the aftermath in his mind that the souls left behind."

"Oh fuck," Cain whispered.

"But as I said, he was the sweetest guy in the world. When I was going through something, he took care of me as a friend until I was better. One day, after years of friendship, I kissed him. He kissed me back and we fell asleep together. When I woke up he was gone."