Goodnight

A little bit of self indulgent cuddling, written from my phone. Again, of COURSE I officially announced the whole Wattpad break and then I come on here and write. That's how it always works, isn't it

This will be my bbs being somewhat traumatized.

Enjoy :)

It wasn't unusual for Ahsoka to awake in the night, to grab water or food (she was a growing teenager, after all), maybe to use the 'fresher, but it was unusual for her force signature to be so blatantly awake (if hazy, as if halfway between consciousness and sleep) for as long as it was. Anakin had gotten back from a mission that day, his sleep schedule messed up. It was a good excuse as to why he was awake, instead of the actual reason of too much paperwork, when Ahsoka undoubtedly would ask.

Finally, he heard a door slide open, then closed, and footsteps pattering across the hall. They stopped in front of his open door and he was able to glance over to see the faint glow of her blue eyes in the dark, her silhouette of a figure shifting her weight from foot to foot. Anakin set the data pad down on the metal drum he used as a side table as she continued to stand in the doorway. He sent a silent wave of emotions to her through the force, mostly reassurance, comfort, and a little bit of worry. That was enough of an invite for her. Ahsoka slowly but surely followed the path to the other side of the sofa, sitting down a comfortable distance away from him, not wanting to look clingy or scared.

"Ahsoka?" Anakin said in a low rumble, almost a whisper. "What's eating at you?"

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wringing her hands in her lap, gaze fixed on her knees to avoid the awkwardness. "Couldn't sleep."

Anakin smiled, somewhat fondly, somewhat sad. "How come?"

"It's too quiet. I'm not used to it. I just... Didn't know what to do."

Anakin urged her forward with an outstretched hand, inviting the girl to come closer. "C'mere." Ahsoka scooted towards him. At his outstretched arm she snuggled into his side, sighing as his warmth overtook her own shivering body. "Kriff kid, you're freezing," Anakin joked. Her chilled skin soon became tinted pink again with the heat of both his body and a blanket he had summoned with the force (Master Kenobi's voice rang through her head. "Improper use of the force," He'd grumble).

"My window's jammed, I can't close it," she told him. It wasn't a lie, her window was jammed, she just didn't need to tell him that she'd gotten so used to the cold climate of the planet of their last deployment that she couldn't sleep with her blanket anymore. Suddenly, however, the heat of her master's body felt so good she'd regretted kicking her blanket off in the night.

"Wanna sleep in here till we get it fixed?" He offered. She expected him to grab her another blanket, maybe even sacrifice his own, but not offer up the other side of his queen bed. "Coruscant's too cold right now for you to be sleeping in there."

Anakin didn't want to tell her that he didn't want to leave her alone that night. The hazy, stagnant state of her force signature scared him enough that he didn't want her to be alone. He felt safer with her right by his side, like they so often did when deployed on some planet or other. She responded with a soft nod and a flicker of gratefulness across their bond.

Anakin wrapped the blanket around her shoulders as they rose- one hand on Ahsoka's shoulder, one on the bedframe to guide him in the dark. She reluctantly climbed under the covers and waited. For Anakin to get in on the other side, and to see how long it would take for her to get used to it. Once he was situated he was able to speak again. Anakin seemed far more comfortable about this whole thing. "If it's too quiet I can put on a movie or something, just something soft."

She knew what he meant by "something soft". He meant nothing with blaster fire, explosions, or screaming, out of fear of one of them having some sort of traumatic response. "I'm alright now," she responded. It was true- knowing Anakin was right there beside her brought more comfort than any noise would have. Finally too tired to care, Ahsoka turned over and positioned herself against Anakin's side. He didn't seem to mind, only chuckling and putting an arm over her head to stroke her lekku. She'd once told him it was a sign of trust, to be able to touch another's lekku. He'd been granted that trust relatively quickly and was proud of it.

Tracing a blue stripe as she drifted off to sleep, Anakin sent a silent goodnight across their bond.

Reassurance, comfort, and no more worry.

That's it, my phone's at 3% so I really gotta publish this and run.

Have a good night/day/whatever and I'll see you when I see you :)

                                             -AB