It Was My Home, Part 1

I've got nothing to say other than I survived my paperwork stuff, and then I had possibly the best time of my life with my best friend last night.

Okay fr I wrote this at like four p.m. but then people started looking over my shoulder so I stopped, then forgot about it until now at like seven, so sorry this is out later than I wanted it to.

Enjoy :)

She was little when she was brought to the temple... Too little to remember much, but she remembered enough. Mostly pictures, brief memories of people she didn't know the names of, or names she didn't know the faces of. Her mother was a gentle woman, always cooing to her little girl, comforting her when she was hurt, and singing sweet lullaby's when she put her daughter to sleep. Ahsoka however was a daddy's girl. Brash and confident, probably too much so for her own good. Her smile always lit up a room. Always wanted to make others happy, just like her dad. She vaguely remembered that she had an older brother, only a few years older, she even remembered a little of what he looked like. And something told her she had a baby sister too, but she couldn't be sure.

Little 'Soka didn't really understand at first. When Master Plo took her, she didn't understand that she wouldn't come back, she didn't understand that her parents were gone, she didn't understand that nothing would be the same ever again, she didn't really even understand that her family lived in slavery until she was older and was told her parents died. She would never get to grow up with her family. She wouldn't get to bring a boy home for the first time, or teach her little siblings how to hunt, she would never be able to live the life that so many others got to. It was all so wrong.

Up until then she had only ever been back to Shilli when she fought an Akul, per Togruta tradition, and it wasn't really like she was back. It was Shilli tradition, not Jedi, and they only allowed it with some heavy convincing from Shaak Ti. It was fast. They landed, Ahsoka killed the beast, and they left. The Jedi didn't want her to have any connections to her home world. So when Ahsoka and Anakin were assigned a mission on Shilli, she had no idea how to feel, no idea if she should be excited or numb, maybe scared?

She didn't have time to think about it though, because they were called to the hangers in an hour. She had run to her room before Anakin could get a word in edgewise, ready in a few minutes with a second set of clothes, a few ration bars, and her filled canteen all in a crossbody bag. She almost ran into Anakin on her way out but he stopped her in her tracks.

"Woah, we don't leave for an hour Snips, you can relax," He laughed, and put a hand on her shoulder. She let out a breath she had been holding, and settled her hand on the strap of her bag.

"Just excited. I'll be in the hanger. See you, Master!" Ahsoka ran off before he could object. Ahsoka had finally settled on fear as her emotion. She had faked excitement to cover her jumpy actions, and Anakin fell for it for the most part, but when they were both on the ship they settled in for the long haul. It'd be another four hours in hyperspace before they landed, and Ahsoka wasn't sure if she could hide her fear that long.

Before things got awkward Ahsoka made her excuse that she wanted to train and went into the cargo hold. It was better than nothing. "Wanna join?" She asked Rex.

"Only if you promise not to unleash your Jedi powers on me like last time, I had a limp for a week," Rex joked as he took off his helmet and followed. Ahsoka just grinned.

Back and forth they went, Ahsoka sparring to her heart's content, doing her best to land as many hits as she could. It wasn't long before Rex noticed that something was up. Her attacks were sloppy but fierce, like she wanted to spar but couldn't make herself focus hard enough to do it correctly.