Worst Nightmare(Nightmare That They Die)

Beginne am Anfang

Bruce Banner

     He is an Avenger. He goes out and does dangerous things to help humanity. This scared you. The idea of him being hurt, or killed, scared you. You understood the logic behind everything, but that did nothing to ease the worry or concern. You're feeling, though, they were justified because you loved him. You could feel the sense of dread in the pit of your stomach. Then you could remember the fear and pain. His eyes were closed and his skin pale and chilled when you touched him. The pain-filled cry coming from your throat is what woke you up. You were shaking and crying uncontrollably. Your cry caused Bruce to rush to you. You had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room and he was reading in the bedroom. "What happened? Are you alright?" He was panicking, trying to find the source of your pain. "Ni...nightmare..." You said, in a quiet and shaky voice. "Oh...is it okay if I touch you?" You nodded, and he pulled you into his arms. "Judging by your reaction and your tears, it was a bad one...but," He spoke in a quiet voice. "I'm here, and you are safe."

Thor Odinson

    You were well aware of the dangers Thor put himself in. You were also aware of the reasons behind his actions, and you supported him. In fact, you were there to heal him when he inevitably became wounded. That is what bothered you most. The what if's and if I had only's. You remembered so clearly the look in his blue eyes as he left this world. You remembered him telling you not to blame yourself. You could hear his heartbeat its last, and his lungs breathe out that last breath. The pain you felt was unbearable and immeasurable. The last thing you remembered was the scream that left you, and then you woke up. You held your chest as you cried and Thor was startled awake beside you. You couldn't calm down and without hesitation or question, Thor pulled your trembling body into his. For a long time he was quiet, holding you while you cried. "Do you wish to speak about it?" You shook your head, not trusting your voice. "Alright, what can I do to assist you? I hate to see you trembling, and so upset..." His voice was genuine and calm. "This is all I want right now..." You whispered glancing up into his eyes. "All you wish is for me to hold you?" You nod, resting your head back on his chest so that you could hear his heart. He noticed this, and while you rested in his arms he spoke to you. "Nothing will harm you while you're in my arms. As long as there is breath in my lungs, and a heart beating in my chest..." He gave your body a hearty squeeze, not enough to hurt you, but enough to remind you. "I will be right here for you. I will protect you. You are safe and no night terror will change that."

Loki Laufeyson

     Loki, by the Gods, was a right pain sometimes and he knew this. Every time he would leave and come home to you with a new injury or problem, leaving you constantly worried for him. It was no small feat to worry for him either, and this plagued you with night terrors. Plague you they did. They were often, and terrible. You could remember hearing the news before seeing him. You could remember seeing his eyes closed, and his chest still. You remembered grabbing his hand and feeling the chill burn your fingers. You woke to your own shouting and crying. Loki hadn't been in the room when you woke up, but when you screamed he came to your aid without hesitation. When you saw him walk in you threw yourself at him. You were desperate to feel his warmth, to make sure that he was real. You pressed your ear to his chest while he held you, dumbfounded, so you could hear his heart. It didn't take a genius to figure out that you had a night terror. "Relax, Love, relax..." His voice and his arms calmed you. "I am right here. I have not left you." You managed a nod, tears still rolling down your cheeks in silence. "Look at me," Aiding you in this his handheld your chin. "It's alright now, you are safe. I am safe. if it helps you calm, listen to my heartbeat. Proof that I indeed live."

Clint Barton

     You had nightmares, that in itself was not uncommon or strange. What bothered you was when Clint became the center of those nightmares. He was an Avenger, his job screamed danger and you knew this when you two got together. You remembered not reaching him in time and that robot grabbing him. You remembered his scream and the blood as he fell to the ground. You could feel his heart stop and you watched his eyes close. You screamed out his name and with a harsh breath woke up. "Little Bird, wake up!" Suddenly you were aware that Clint was holding you. "Hey, hey...Shh, I've got you." His voice brought you out of your half-asleep, panicked state. "Deep breaths, okay?" He nodded, and you copied him. After a few minutes of trying to help you calm down, he hugged you. "Whatever that nightmare was about, however terrible it seemed...it was just a dream and it wasn't real." He whispered, and you could feel his breath on your head. "Can I listen to your heart?" He nodded, and you rested your head on his chest. "We are safe, okay?" He said, rubbing your back. You nodded.

James "Bucky" Barnes

    Nightmares, you hated them because they were everything you feared most. You could remember when Bucky was allowed to go on missions with Steve and Sam. You remembered when he came home covered in cuts and bruises. Your nightmares started then. You worried about him all of the time, but especially when he was on a mission with Steve. You never did rest those nights. When you did, the nightmares always made you regret it. You had made that mistake a few times. You could see his steel-blue eyes begging for you to let him go so that you wouldn't die with him. You could hear him shouting for you to let go and the scream as he fell. When he hit the ground was when you woke up. You screamed out for him, still half-asleep. He came into the room, breaking the door as he did. "What happened?" It took him a moment to assess the situation and react. "Bucky..." You broke out into sobs that made you start trembling. Bucky wasted no time and held you tight in his arms. "Hey....shh, I've got you. I'm right here." He whispered, and in the slowed hiccuped cries, you nodded. "Here, rest your head against my chest...you can hear my heart." He shifted you both so that he was laying down and you were on his chest. You listened closely to the ba-dum of his heart beating. "You hear that?" He said, voice soft and low. "As long as it's beating. You are safe."

Sam Wilson

     You hated that Sam took Steve's place as Captain America. You hated it because you knew the dangers he was going to be in. He was walking in large shoes with so many enemies, and that scared you. You wanted nothing more than Sam to be safe, but you also knew how much this meant to him. So, you supported him without a doubt in his abilities. You worried, though, and this brought the nightmares. You remember his suit falling from the sky and the shouting. You remember the desperation in his voice as he called out to you while he fell. Telling you all of the things he said he wanted you to know before he died. Then, you remember the thud. You screamed out his name before you remembered being shaken. A voice calling out to you, and you were awake. "Baby, wake up! Please, wake up." That was Sam's voice. Once you were able to recognize it was him, you threw your arms around him. You were desperate to feel that he was alive. His arms around you were strong and warm. You could hear his heart beating frantically in your ear. "Shh, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." He whispered, rubbing your back. "You don't have to tell me what happened. You can hold me until you feel safe, okay?" His voice was soft, and you could tell he was still trying to process what happened himself. "I love you, remember that. You are safe. I'm safe. Everything is okay."