John 3:3

NIV: Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

NCV: Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot be in God’s kingdom.”

Meaning: Im sure you have heard a thousand times that to go to heaven, you need to have given you life to God. You need to be born again in Christ. Some of you may not know what it means to be born again. So let me explain what i read. Flesh gives birth to flesh. So your mom gives birth to you. But Spirit gives birth to Spirit. The phrase born again really means being born from above. The signnificance of being born again, is you can have a relationship with the Lord, and have your sins forgiven.  You can pray the prayer of repentance to ask the Lord to re-birth you, into a new person in Christ. You can also take the extra step of getting baptized where you proclaim your faith infront of many people! God clearly states, that unless you be born again, you will not pass through the gates of heaven. I can promise you with all I have, that letting God change you into a new spirit is so worth it. The bibles description of heaven is so amazing, i dont know why anyone wouldn't want to go there! Some people think that just because God forgives them no matter what, they can go out and party and drink and do bad things and ask for God's forginess afterwards to go to heaven still.  The things wrong about that is that they know what they are doing is bad, yet they still decide and choose to do it anyways. God will forgive you but he definitly does not encourage that way of living. God wants followers that are faithful to him, people that will stand up for him. Be one of those! Be a follower of Christ. Become new. Follow Gods set path for you. God is desperatly waiting for you to run through those gates of heaven into his arms. He wants to have a relationship with you, so let it happen! 

There is a little girl at my church and her name is Nevaeh      (ne-vay-ah) Notice anything about that? Her parents named her that because it he 'heavan' spelt backwards! I thought that was so sweet because they incoorparated Christianity into it without having a name that has a litteral meaning to it. Its original but still has significance to it! 

-Megan