Deuteronomy 5:16

Today's verse: Deuteronomy 5:16

NIV: Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

NCV: Honor your father and your mother as the Lord your God has commanded you. Then you will live a long time, and things will go well for you in the land that the Lord your God is going to give you.

Meaning: Sunday is Mother's Day so in the spirit of the holiday I decided on a verse about our parents! It's so easy to want to argue and disobey our parents, especially as teenagers. It just seems like they don't understand us sometimes,doesn't it? But they have been in our shoes, they knows what's right! This verse tells us that we need to respect and follow our parents orders because that's what God wants! He would hate to see you treating anyone unfairly especially your parents and family! Your parents really do know best, they are just looking out for you! When you do what God wants your life will be great! He will bless you with a enteral life in heaven!!

Take action: When you feel the need to argue with your parents remember this verse! This Mother's Day take time to tell your mom/ mother figure in your life how much you appreciate her! Little gestures go a long way!

••Have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow guys! Remember to thank your mother for everything! Have a great rest of the weekend as well! God bless y'all••

-T.