Proverbs 11:24-25

Proverbs 11:24-25

NIV: One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

NLT: Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

Meaning: Especially as we are entering the holiday season, it's easy to get caught up in the crazy amount of commercialism and buying buying buying presents and stuff like that. But I think that, especially during this time of year, it's important to focus less on that and more on giving back, reaching out to those around you who may not have very much this time of year, showing love and generosity! The more you give, the more you will gain.... not necessarily things, but more like the joy, the peace and happiness that comes with giving. When I donate money to a charity or pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, I just feel like I am helping make a difference and reaching out to someone who has less than I do:)
"Those who refresh others will be refreshed!" I love that! As you give to others, you too are learning about things like generosity and shining a light for Jesus....fantastic things like that :)

Take Action: I really want to encourage you guys to get out there and show your generosity! There are so many great causes out there this holiday season that are super ways to help the people around you, and even in small ways, teach people about Christ! Through your acts if kindness, you can show Gods love! So get out there and spread it! It can be through smaller things, big things but whatever it may be, give cheerfully and for the glory of God!
**********
QOTD: What we see depends mainly on what we look for....:)

God bless!
-Katie