Galatians 6:4

‎Galatians 6:4

NCV: Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done.

NIV: Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,

Meaning: this is something I have struggled with for a long time and I still continue struggle with.I compare myself to others whether its grade or sports or whatever else...i like to be the best at everything...(yes i know thats bad and I'm trying to not be like that anymore) when someone does better than me on a test I get down on myself because I'm comparing myself to how well they did compared to myself. Today my friend and I were talking about school and I was saying how I had a math quiz tomorrow and i was worrying because I don't really understand so well, and shes like "calm down its just a quiz" and i said yeah but i would still like to do well! And she told me to stop being so uptight. And idk it kinda hurt me in a way, but it just made me realize we all have different standards do ourselves and we need to try to meet our standards and our standards only. Not everyone else's. If you make a goal to get 80% or above on a test or run 5k in 30min and you achieve that goal, then good for you! Don't even ask how others did! God told us in this verse "each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others" this shows that even God wants us just to meet our own standards. We are the only ones aloud to judge ourselves. If you struggle with comparing yourself to others, like me, then pray and ask God to help you with that. You can even go to a pastor or youth leader. Or a parent/grandparent if you're comfortable. Tell them how your feeling and I'm sure they will pray with you!!

Tomorrows Friday! I hope your week went well!!! :)

-Megan