1 John 2:15-17

NCV: Do not love the world or the things in the world. If you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you.  These are the ways of the world: wanting to please our sinful selves, wanting the sinful things we see, and being too proud of what we have. None of these come from the Father, but all of them come from the world. The world and everything that people want in it are passing away, but the person who does what God wants lives forever.

NIV: Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Meaning: our earthly things are useless.  Compared to what the Lord can do for us, our other gadgets are garbage. If people idol these things like laptops, phones, follow the bad ways of life, looking at inappropriate things, the love of God is not in them. These things are only pleasing ourselves, nobody else except out selfish selves. This verse talks about the people that are always wanting the new bigger and better things. The things we know we shouldn't want but we do, and the things we do have we take granted for. Our father doesn't want us to get caught up in this, but because our world is imperfect, we do sometimes. All these things wont last forever.  No matter what it is, things you have or relationships/friendships, it won't last forever.   Gods love will though. Gods love is unfailing and will last for eternity.  Why invest most of your time and money into something you know wont be as faithful as the Lord.  Anyone that does do the will of the Lord,  listen and follow his instructions will live forever through Christ.  Not physically on earth, but spiritually in God. They will go to heaven and live with the lord forever.

Take action: If you see someone that maybe is falling short of the glory of god, or is getting caught in the ways of the world, show them a little Jesus! :) sometimes all they need is that little push towards Christ before they start running to him themselves. Text them little bible verses in the morning for them to wake up to. Maybe draw them a picture and attach a little memory verse to go along! Whatever it may be! Be creative :) 

-Megan