1 Peter 2:5

••• MAKE SURE TO read till the end of this post for update!!!•••

- 1 Peter 2:5-
NCV: You also are like living stones, so let yourselves be used to build a spiritual temple-to be holy priests who offer spiritual sacrifices to God. He will accept those sacrifices through Jesus Christ.

NIV: you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Meaning: The church is not just a building. Not just a place. A church is a group of people who strive to live lives pleasing to The Lord and want to grow in their spiritual walk!! Like this verse says, we each are like the stones used to build a church... We work together to praise Gods wonderful name!! The verses states that we should also spiritual sacrifices to God. I don't think this means coming with a literal present, I think it means we need to devote our time and effort into serving and pleasing God and attending church is a great way to do so!! However, I am certainly not saying that if you don't go to church, you are not a bad person and can't be a Christian... Not at all!!! Attending church and just spending time with God is just a great way to help grow in your relationship with Christ!! :)

••Hey guys!! Hope you all had a wonderful week! Yesterday, Taylor and I arrived home after 4 fantastic days of vacationing with our school in Quebec City! We saw so many cool places and things... There was so many great parts about it!:) Anyways, the reason I chose this verse was because one of the days, we visited a beautiful church... I mean it was absolutely stunning!! I felt such an amazing feeling when going through it and was just so thankful for a relationship with God and for the amazing journey he has taken me on!! So I encourage you to, if you can, attend church! If not take time on a Sunday to maybe read your bible or listen to some Christian music/hymns:)

Thanks for reading guys! God bless:)

-Katie