-THRIVE- Youth Retreat

•Don't just survive, THRIVE!•

The past weekend I was at a youth retreat! We had an awesome time just hanging out, learning more about God as growing closer to Him! Our speaker talked about an interesting topic that I wanted to share with you. It was: how to avoiding just surviving in life or "scraping the bottom" as he put it, but rather to thrive, grow and flourish in your walk with God! He also talked about discovering God God for who he really is. These are 2 different things he shared that I now want to share with you!

~Cast down your idols!
There are things in each of our lives that we put before God- I'm not talking you place a golden calf in front of you a bow down before it, but other things in your life, whatever it may be, that take away from discovering more about God and growing in your relationship with Him. I challenge you to take this to heart- talk to God about it, find those things in your life that are sitting up on that shelf in the place where God should be.

~You are set free... to serve!~
Ephesians 2:9-10 says this: "Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

We were not set free because of the good things we do, but because we are set free, we need to do good things! This is something our speaker said that really stuck with me. The reason we are set free is because Jesus died, he suffered, he endured that pain on the cross for you and me. Its not a reward for the good things we've done. BUT because we have this freedom, God calls us to serve! He calls us our masterpieces! He has created us to serve and to bring glory to him on this earth, to do good works that he has planned in advance for us to do! So embrace that! We were created in Gods image, we are his masterpiece! Now seek him, do the good things He has planned for you and thrive and flourish in your walk with Him!

Have a great week everyone :)

~Katie