Matthew 6:1

Today's verse: Matthew 6:1

NIV: Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

NCV: Be careful! When you do good things, don't do them in front of people to be seen by them. If you do that, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Meaning: This is a super cool verse I just found today as I was searching through my bible. I feel like this verse really ties into our journey with this book. As you probably know, at the start of "A Teens Bible" we remained anonymous. Like this verse says, wen you do good thinks you don't want to get credit for it. You should be doing things out of the kindness of your heart, not for any praise. Nobody at our school knows about this book, no friends and very few family members. The reason we made this book was not to get credit ourselves, but to serve our incredible God! Eventually, we shared our names with you so the book would feel more personal. This book has become a big part of my life yet it's one I don't want to share with everyone, simply because I don't want all the praise. I want all the praise to go to my incredible God! So, in all the good you do for people do it secretively. For if you get credit here on earth, there will be no reason for our father to praise you in heaven. In all you do, do it for the love of our Lord, out of the kindness of your heart.

Take action: There is a cause that is close to everyone's heart. Whether is be, education,faith,poverty,animals or whatever else, find a way to do good with it! Donate food to a food bank, raise money for your favorite charity but remember to do it secretively. When doing any charity work or even in your day to day lives keep this in your mind. Memorize this verse as use this as a base for your life. When you base your life around something as simple as this, your end goals of serving you Lord and all your eternal rewards in heaven will be set straight! :D

I hope you guys enjoyed today's post! I find this to be a super cool verse! Always do things out of the kindness of your heart. It means so much to have posted over 100 verses! You guys, this is crazy! Thank you all so much for your support! I would never have even dreamed of this! God Bless!

-Taylor