Isaiah 60:1-3

Isaiah 60:1-3

NIV: "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples,but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you.Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

MSG: Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight. God's bright glory has risen for you. The whole earth is wrapped in darkness, all people sunk in deep darkness. But God rises on you, his sunrise glory breaks over you. Nations will come to your light, kings to your sunburst brightness.

Meaning: Before you start reading, check out this video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jX0pE5yPvMU

It connects with what I want to talk about today so check it out!

In this post I want to kind of want to tie together all the things or talked about over the past few days about God opening those doors, praying for opportunities and essential spreading Gods word!
The video is a great example of this verse. Arise, get out there, spread the love of Jesus, shine you light! You can be a part of leading people to God in this world of darkness. Like we saw from Isaac in the video, through a small simple thing, he showed love and reached our a hand to those I need! And the lost inspiring part is that he is an average kid like you and me! Yet through through watching a video he took action, shone his light and made a difference.

How to make disciples of people and spread the Gospel is something that we were challenge with t the Change Conference and is something I want to pass onto you! We are to pray for open doors, opportunities for us to reach out to others. But you can't go through a closed door, if Hod doesn't open it then he has a different plane for you! We are also to be ready for those opportunities, letting our conversations be filled with grace and low (seasoned with salt)

Now, we are commanded to "Arise, shine, for your light has come" That makes me want to spread Gods love everywhere and be on fire for him!! There are so many ways to touch peoples lives with Gods love! As you saw, Isaac through bid giving and compassionate heart gave care packages to others, but there are so many different ways to arise as shine your light!

•••This video is from a series called Almost Normal by The Meeting House and I really like them they have a great message to them :) I hope you all enjoyed my 'Change Conference' series of posts! I've a lovely night!

-Katie