A Teens Bible

Authors note:

Hey guys :)

Welcome to "A Teens Bible!" This book is written by me Taylor and my good friend Katie( and now Megan!) Reading the bible can seem to be a somewhat daunting task. So many words, pages and people...it can become confusing! Our mission is to take the bible and deconstruct it verse by verse for you each day. Each chapter will include two versions of the verse, the meaning explained and some steps you can do to take action! Please vote,comment,and add to your reading list :) If you have any verse requests just let us know in the comments! God bless and happy reading :)

-T.

••••••••

Today's verse: Romans 12:2

NIV: "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will."

New Century Version: " Do not change yourself to be like the people of this world, but be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect."

Meaning: Joining in on the bullying, going to that inappropriate dance or stealing, as teenagers it's so easy to just go along with what everyone else is doing. This verse tells us that it's not what God wants from us. He tells us he doesn't want us to join in and be just like everyone else. We tend to focus to much on worldly things ( Money, possessions ect.) but in the end those things won't even matter, they won't last an eternity. In the end it's about godly things. Once you start thinking and doing things for God you will know what he expects of you. Start to make godly choices and turn your back to the temptations of worldly things.

Take Action: This is one of my absolute favorite verses! It's one of the hardest things to do as a teen so I like to remind myself of it! Consider writing this verse out in fancy letters and hanging it on your wall. I even have this verse above my bed! Maybe try memorizing it to repeat to yourself in those tough situations :)