Proverbs 22:9

NCV:

Generous people will be blessed,

because they share their food with the poor.

NIV:

The generous will themselves be blessed,

for they share their food with the poor.

Meaning: Share with others! Share with the less fortunate. Not everyone has as much as you do. If you share, God will bless you and put amazing things upon you! This verse reminded me of the story in the bible when Jesus feeds the five thousand! Late on afternoon, while Jesus was teaching, the 12 desciples came to him and said "Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here."

Jesus told them to feed the crowd. But they replied saying they only had 5 loafs of bread and two fish! But Jesus said get the crowd to sit in about groups of 50 each and so thats what they did. Jesus broke the 5 loafs of bread up looked up and prayed to God, and the disciples went around and handed the baskets around. By the end they picked up 12 baskets of left over bread pieces!!

Thats crazy to think right?!! Thats more than they even started with!! But God can do marvelous things! The disciples could have refused to give their food away. They could've kept it to themselves. But they weren't selfish. They shared with the whole crowd and because of that, God gave them even more than they had in the first place! God blessed everyone there with his miracoulous ways!!

Take action: I want you to find someone that you could give to. At lunch at school if someone doesnt have anything to eat, offer some if your food! Or donating to a food bank! Operation Christmas child for starters, for any of you that know what it is! You take a shoe box, and you fill it with toys/necessities that people in Africa, and countries like that could use. Its a great way to give to the less fortunate and it makes you feel good to give as well :)

-Megan