Romans 8:28

Romans 8:28

NCV:We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people he called, because that was his plan.

NIV: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Meaning: I stumbled across this verse while reading a devotion type thing in my bible. The question connected to it was "Why does God allow bad things to happen to his people." This question is something I ask a lot... WHY did God let that happen? When tragic or frustrating things happen, we make a mistake if we blame them on God. Clearly in the bible it says that God didn't create evil, but when Adam and Eve sinned, it entered the world and its gonna be a sinful place till Jesus comes back. I think my bible says it best- "While God doesn't make bad things happen, the Bible promises us that in the midst of the bad things, God works to bring good out of it all!" I find that so encouraging! Through the messes in our lives, God is able to take all the bad thins and turn them into something beautiful :) So in everything, God works out the good for those who love him because that's his plan!

Take Action: Bad things happen to all of us. Next time something tragic or maddening happens to you, don't blame God or become angry towards him! Instead, allow him to find the good in the situation and remember he's got a plan for you! Don't become discouraged, for he has overcome the world! {John 16:33-see post #39}

Here's a cool quote to end today's post :)
" God sometimes takes us into troubled waters not to drown us, but to cleanse us"

- Katie :)