1 Corinthians 13:1-3 & 13

Today's scripture: 1 Corinthians 1-3 and 13

NIV: If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

NVC: I may speak in different languages of people or even angels. But if I do not have love, I am only a noisy bell or a crashing cymbal. I may have the gift of prophecy. I may understand all the secret things of God and have all knowledge, and I may have faith so great I can move mountains. But even with all these things, if I do not have love, then I am nothing....So these three things continue forever: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Meaning: 1 Corinthians 13 is an awesome chapter in the bible and if you've never read it, I'd DEFINITELY recommend you check it out! Filled with tons of encouraging verses about what love is and how it looks, this verse in particular really caught my attention. Love is a word that is used so, so much in this world to describe anything we enjoy, however love is so much more!! Out of love, God gave his son so we can live eternally with him! This verse is saying that people could have memorized verses and verses and know the Bible cover to cover, but without showing love and kindness to other people in your life, it means absolutely nothing! I know I've done this before too and it is something we all can easily do... You memorize verse for Sunday School, etc. But the important things is that you take that knowledge and put it into action in your life! Take all that incredible knowledge and use it to show God's love to people all around you:) Then to close of this chapter ends by saying out of faith, hope and love, the greatest thing is love-the love we can show to one another and most of all, the unconditional love from our Heavenly Father :)

Take Action: Like I said before, if you haven't, check out I Corinthians 13 and comment which verse in this amazing chapter is your favourite.... I'd love to know! Also, next time you feel like yelling at your sibling or gossiping about your friend, think if a verse you know or this verse particularly and remember to show love to the people around you :)❤

Don't forget to comment on your favourite verse in 1 Corinthians 13:) GOD BLESS!!

-K.