Matthew 13:52

Today's verse: Matthew 13:52

NIV: He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old."

NCV: Then Jesus said to them, "So every teacher of the law who has been taught about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house. He brings out both new things and old things he has saved."

Meaning: I do have to say this verse really puzzled me at first. I understood it, yet I didn't. After digging deeper into history behind this verse I realized what a great verse it is! I decided id share it with all of you:) Understanding the gospel and Gods word can be very difficult. If you are able to understand it, it's a great gift. Owning a house comes with great responsibility,power and respect. Similarly, dose understanding and preaching Gods word. In your house you can find great treasures. There's new items and things that have been pasted down. Understanding and teaching Gods word is the same. Some things have been past down and some things are new. There is always,always,always room to learn something new! Not everybody is gifted with the ability to preach well. Again, like owning a house it comes with great responsibility. So, teach wisely!

Challenge: I feel like this is one of those verses that really means something different to everyone. I just shared with you what I got out of it! For this posts challenge I want you guys to let me know in the comments what this verse means to you! Do a little research if you have to! There is always something new you can learn :)

I hope you all had a lovely day:) Remember, you're worth more than Gold! You're priceless!!

-Taylor<3