Psalms 116:1-2

Psalms 116:1-2

NIV: I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

NASB: I love the Lord, because He hears My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

Meaning: This is a great verse and relates quite well to the sermon I herd at church today! There is a few parts to this verse so I'm going to break it down. This psalm begins with I love The Lord. The creator of the universe. The God of everything that ever has been and ever will be. And we can be one of his children and he loves us so much! And we can chose to love him and follow him too! Wow.
There are so many words that describe our Heavenly Father, one of them being an amazing listener. God hears our crys for help, our requests and is always there for us. God is real. He's with you right now! Understanding God's presence in our daily lives, the nearness of him at all points in our daily lives and the fact that he is always listening to us should inspire us and lead us to serve him! Like this verse finishes of with, we should call upon God all of our lives. Knowing that He is always with us should give us the courage and the strength to face tomorrow.

Is God a part of your daily life? Are you relying on Him and talking to him and striving to strengthen your relationship? These are some questions I challenge you to ask yourself and take action with them... Make God a part of your life each end every moment of your life! I have a post about this topic in our other book, Shining A Light, so go check it out!

*** So yesterday I got back from a week up at a cottage and it was awesome! We did waterskiing and tubing and all that, relaxed and just had a year time... A great way to end off the summer :) Well have a great night all you wonderful people God loves you all so much ❤

-Katie