Job 36:11-12

Today's Verse: Job 36:11-12

NIV: If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge.

NASB: "If they hear and serve Him,
They will end their days in prosperity
And their years in pleasures."But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword, And they will die without knowledge.

Meaning: After reading this verse, you might think its pretty harsh. I mean, if you don't listen to God, you will die!? But, it is trying to teach us and make a very important point! If you've never heard the story of Job, you should definitely check it out as this verse is found in that book and is connected to the story. Long story short, Job goes through a series of events that teach him the power of our God. Like Taylor said yesterday, our God is extremely powerful and like this verse says, he could undoubtedly cause death as a result if us not obeying him (not that we should be scared, but show that we should fear God in a respectful way)

God warns us a lot throughout the bible about the consequences if we chose not to follow him, obey him and listening to him. God love us so so much and wants us to follow him and listen to what he says! He promises in this verse that those who obey his commandments and serve him will "spend the rest of their days in prosperity"! That is an amazing promise! As daughters and sons of the Father, we should strive to please Him. Obey his commandments and serve him in all that we do!

Take Action: As I already mentioned, it's important that we follow and obey the rules and commandments God has set in place and given to us, such as the 10 commandments and not ignore them and conform to the patterns of the world {Romans 12:2} On another note, I found this verse on an app that I have that each day has a new bible verse! It's a really simple app yet a great reminder to live each day for Jesus:) Check it out... It's called Daily Bible Inspirations!

God bless,

-Katie