Hebrews 12:1-2

Hebrew 12:1-2

Word English Bible: Therefore let us also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Meaning: Life is a journey, an amazing gift from God, a short time before, if you have accepted him, get to spend eternity with God. It can also related to a race, like in this verse. Like a race, life has its ups and downs, exciting and fast moments, sad and slower moments. In this verse it says to run this race with patience. Be patient with people, take the time to reach out and help others, take the time to slow down and notice what is going on around you, God beautiful creation. Don't go through your life day after day, constantly in a hurry and focusing only on yourself. However through it all, keep your focus on Jesus,"the author and perfecter of faith." Jesus is not only who we are to out our faith in, but is described as the author and perfecter of it! I don't know about you, but I want to live my life pleasing to someone with these attributes and the only person is our Heavenly Father! He endured the pain of the cross because he knew some day, we would them be able to know him because of it. What an amazing love! So take the time to spread this love, reach out to others and run this race with your eyes set on Jesus:)

Have a super night :)

-Katie