Genesis 12:2

Genesis 12:2

NCV: I will make you a great nation,and I will bless you.

I will make you famous,and you will be a blessing to others.

NLT: I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.

Meaning: "This passage gives us great insight into God's view's on blessings." My devotion that I read the other day started like this and I love what it says and how it describes this verse! Blessings, we often think are just for us. If we are blessed with something, a talent or a gift, we often think just to use it for ourselves, our own purposes. But here, God is blessing these people so they can then be a blessing in others lives. He shows them love, so that they are able to pass on the love to the people around them. So through our blessings, we are able to bless others. If you have a person in your life that you consider a blessing, maybe a friend, then, following God's example in this verse, take the things that person encourages you with or does for you and shows them and pass them on to those around you. Maybe God has given you the gift of being able to sing beautifully... share that with others, bring glory to God. Bless others with you actions and your words, spread the love of Christ!

~ Katie