Luke 15:3-7

Luke 15:3-7

NVC:Then Jesus told them this story: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep but loses one of them. Then he will leave the other ninety-nine sheep in the open field and go out and look for the lost sheep until he finds it. And when he finds it, he happily puts it on his shoulders and goes home. He calls to his friends and neighbors and says, 'Be happy with me because I found my lost sheep.' In the same way, I tell you there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who changes his heart and life, than over ninety-nine good people who don't need to change.

Meaning: We all get lost at times... We become confused and don't know how to deal with a situation. But with Jesus as our light and our good shepherd , he always helps steer us back. This is something that I find so comforting about having faith in Jesus... He is always there and will never leave us or forsake us! Even when everyone else has failed you, he's right there:) Like a shepherd he helps us and 'comes to get us' back on track! That's one way I interpret this famous parable. But verse 7 says that this parable also means that if one sinner who doesn't know Christ accepts The Lord, then heaven rejoices more than it would if 99 good people are just being good. That's how much God wants to have a relationship with him and how much he loves us!! So next time you feel like a lost sheep remember that God is with you and is rejoicing that you are found:)

Hope all u lovelies are having a great weekend!!

-K.