Psalm 55:21

Today's verse: Psalm 55:21

NIV: His talk is smooth as butter,
yet war is in his heart;
his words are more soothing than oil,
yet they are drawn swords.

NCV: His words are slippery like butter,
but war is in his heart.
His words are smoother than oil,
but they cut like knives.

Meaning: People are hypocrites,deceitful and dishonest. You must be careful because things aren't always what they seem. Church for example, it's an incredible place! But going to church doesn't make you a Christian. Filling yourself with Jesus,shinning a light for him and doing good deeds dose. Think about things more carefully next time. Not all Christians go to church and not all churches are full of Christians! Like this verse says, many people aren't what they seem. Even the most smooth talking, preachy person might be filled with hate and evil. A person might seem so kind, yet when things get though will stab you in the back.

Take action: Stop. Take time right now to evaluate the people in your life. Look at all your friends,family and other people you surround yourself with. Critically analyze them. Pray and ask God to help you realize who these people truly are and to put the bad ones out of your life. Learn not to be so quick to judge. Everything happens for a reason so rejoice in what cards you have been dealt!

**** FOOD FOR THOUGHT*****
I really want you all to think about something previously mentioned in this post. Following yesterday's church theme, I really wanted to address the whole church topic. CHURCH DOSENT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN!!! Just because you go to church doesn't allow you to call yourself a Christian. My definition of Christian is someone who has accepted Jesus into their heart, dose good deeds without expecting something in return and who shines a light for our Father! Look around your church next time. I can almost guarantee you, your church isn't entirely full of Christians. And I can guarantee you not all Christians go to church! A church is just a building, it's you as a person that makes you a Christian!!

Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.
-Garrison Keillor

I hope you guys didn't miss our posts too much when we were gone on vacation! We had such an amazing time! I would loveeee if you guys would leave me verse requests! Pleases do in the comments! Anyways I'm super tired! I love you all, God Bless!

-Taylor