James 4:10

James 4:10

NIV: Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

NKJV: Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Meaning: Showing humility can be hard. The definition of humility is a "modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness." You put others before yourself. You don't brag or boast. These are very difficult attributes/things to show. We want other people's praise, a pat on the back saying good job! But God tells us to humble our selves. It's for sure okay to celebrate your success, be happy when you ace that test or do well in whatever you do, but it's when you start thinking of yourself as better, more important that others that it becomes not good. When we humbles ourselves before God, he lifts is up. I think this is encouraging.... we don't need earthly praise from the people around us when the creator of the universe "lifts us up" when we humble ourselves before him and towards others!

Challenge: This week I challenge you to show humility to the people you interact with! Instead of staring the conversation with yourself, ask them how their day is going, show them kindness and...humility!:) Set this verse ( you can use the picture on the 1st page :) as your screen saver for the rest of the week and then every time you turn in your phone, you have that reminder to put others {and God!} before yourself, and to show humility!

QOTD: Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt . :)

God bless:)

-Katie