eighty five

gwen stood at the nurses station looking over a chart. it was late in the evening and the only thing gwen wanted to do was to go home and sleep.

"hey. you're heading home?" callie asks her as she walked up next to her.

"yeah, i just have to discharge my last patient and then i'm finally heading home after a 24h shift." gwen sighs rubbing her eyes.

"i wanted to ask you something. something important." callie says making gwen look at her.

"and what?" gwen asks.

"do you want to be the godmother of my baby?" callie asks with a huge smile.

"yeah. oh, my god, yeah. callie, yeah, it would be an honour to be your babies godmother." gwen smiles.

"okay, great. i'm happy you said yes." callie sighs relieved.

"are you kidding of course i say yes." gwen smiles before walking away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was on her way to the attendings lounge to change when meredith approached her.

"dr.shepherd, do you have time for a quick consult?" meredith walks up to gwen.

"i was supposed to be off by six, but... okay. sure." gwen nods taking the scans. "just walk with me. what do you got?"

"okay, 42 year old male, complaining of midsternal chest pain. no cardiac risk factors, no angina, pain doesn't radiate. the ekg looks clean." meredith informs her as gwen looked over the scans. "these are his films, and they're mostly clear, but... i don't know. does the mediastinum look a little wide to you? because i know sometimes that can happen with the portable x-ray."

"you got cardiac enzymes?" gwen ask.

"yes." meredith replies.

"i'll check on mr.richter right now. call radiology." gwen instructs her. "get him for a pa and lateral films, and tell them to rush it, 'cause i'd really like to get out of here."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood at the nurses station in her casual clothes ready to leave when meredith approached her.

"excuse me dr.shepherd. mr.richter, mediastinum looks borderline on the pa films. take a look." meredith gave gwen the scans who looked over then quickly.

"you were right." gwen nods walking with meredith down the hall. "get a ct to be safe. i'll stick around to look at results."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen waited for meredith and the scans in the e.r when mark approached her.

"how's your patient with the knife in his head doing?" gwen asks her husband.

"the blade went through his skull, didn't hit any major nerves or arteries. he's gonna be fine." mark replies.

"flesh wound?" gwen gasps.

"yeah." mark nods.

"that's the luckiest guy alive." gwen states.

"you're also pretty lucky, too." mark smirks. "it's past 6.30, and we haven't had our date yet."

"i'm waiting for a patient. i can't leave." gwen shoke her head. "i have to wait for some ct's."

"your patient's ct isn't ready yet?" mark asks.