twenty eight

once again mark and gwen had sex in the on call room.

"i don't want to leave this bed today." gwen pouts as she looks at mark.

"i don't want to go either but today is a big day for me." he says as he kissed her.

"i know. i hope your not late?" she asks.

"no. i have about 20 minutes until rounds starting." he grinns and kisses her.

"then i want to use this 20 minutes." she giggles before they start kissing again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"i was paged?" gwen asks cristina and izzie as she approached them. "dr.yang?"

"jacob nolston, two weeks post-op from a cabg." cristina prestens as gwen pulled over some gloves. "my initial exam suggest a sternal infection."

"our initial exam." izzie corrects cristina.

"he also substained injuries from an accident outside the e.r." cristina adds.

"stevens, when you can tear yourself away, page torres about the shrapnel in his leg." gwen instructs her. "and you can work with her today. i only need one."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"mark, i have a patient 13 days status post cabg with a sternal infection." she explaines to him when she found him.

"oh, i see you'll remove the sternum?" he asks.

"and i need you to manipulate the pectoral muscles so we don't leave a giant hole in his chest." she tells him. "can you make time?"

"can you make time for a drink with me after?" he smirks.

"did i mention time is a factor here? i'm looking for a yes or no answer." she says.

"as am i." he tells her.

"this my be enjoyable to you dr.sloan but i have a patient in a serious condition. i came to you because i think your the best in plastic. but if your to busy doing bad jokes, i'll page whoever's second best." she says suddenly so serious.

"gwen!" he calls her as she was about to leave. she stops and turns around to face him. "i apologize. and i'll clear my schedule."

"thank you. o.r one."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and mark were operating on mr.nolston.

"you're using a cable instead of wires, dr.sloan. i've never seen it done that way before." gwen compliments him.

"tension banding. i learned it back in new york." he said.

"i know. i was there. you moved there after columbia to study under john seever. you always said that he was a great surgeon." she says and he smiles about the fact that she didn't forgot.

"he died last year." he told her. "i was  wrecked. couldn't sleep for weeks. it was like loosing my own father."

she didn't knew that because she was already in l.a.

"i'm sorry." she said as they locked their eyes.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"do you see this, stevens?" gwen asks her. "sternum's cleaned out. wich means we're alomst out of here."

"you don't want to stay and watch me work?" mark asks her.