one hundred fourty six

gwen was sitting in the kitchen while talking with derek over skype as she eats some waffles.

meanwhile amelia was outside on the porch talking to james, her fiancé, over the phone.

"you made waffles in the morning?" derek asks suprised.

"no, not me." gwen chuckles. "our sister, in between weepy phone calls with the fiancé."

gwen turned around waving at amy with a smile which amy returned.

"well, being away from home is hard." derek sighs leaning back in his office chair. "i've been in d.c. for so long. i know how she feels."

"you're the one who brought her here. she doesn't need your sympathy." gwen says eating another piece of waffle. "she needs you to send her home."

"now, did she say that?" derek asks.

"i know amy and i'm sure she's telling james all about how i'm holding her hostage in my house." gwen sighs eating more of the waffle.

it tastes so good.

"well, we can negotiate the terms of her release when i get home later tonight." derek assures her.

"you and i have a surgery scheduled this afternoon together." gwen reminds him.

"another meeting popped up." derek dismisses her. "i'm gonna have amy cover for me. sorry."

"oh, don't be. i love spending times with my siblings unlike you." gwen chuckles eating the last piece of waffle.

then the two said goodbye and derek hung up.

"what smells so good?" mark asks coming down the stairs with the kids.

"amelia made waffles for us." gwen informs him.

"waffles." hailey repeats sitting down next to her mommy with the help of mark.

"you want one hailey?" gwen asks to which the girl nods.

mark put one down on a plate in front of her.

hailey just grabbed it with her hands totally ignoring to wait for mark to cut it in pieces.

"waffles are good." mark comments as he taste one by himself. "we can't let your sister go."

"i know." gwen chuckles. "i already ate so i'm just gonna feed piper. can you made hailey ready for pre-school?"

"yes." mark nods eating his waffle.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood with cristina at the nurses station eating the rest of the waffles from breakfast.

gwen still fully didn't proceed that cristina wants to leave seattle to go to zurich to take over for burke.

yeah, preston burke.

but gwen supports her. this will be good for cristina.

"hey! the first candidate's here and waiting in the conference room." owen tells cristina approaching them.

"i'm on my way now." cristina assures him.

"okay." and with that he leaves the two alone again.

"so, i still can't believe he's making you pick your replacement." gwen says as they start to walk down the hall to the conference room owen meant.

"i'm interviewing dr.russell's replacement, not mine. which i volunteered to do, by the way." cristina corrects her.

"it's a punishment altough everything's better than russell." gwen realises. "but still, it's like making you clean the apartment you're vacating."