one hundred eighty nine

today is the day. the day if callie's and arizona's custody battle.

gwen couldn't sleep all night because of how nervous she was.

she didn't knew what they're gonna ask her. she didn't want to talk bad about either one of them.

it was early in the morning when she stood in the bathroom ready to puke out the breakfast she just ate.

she was in court before, when callie was being sued by her patient. but back then she wasn't nervous because she didn't do anything wrong. but if she says or does something wrong today, it could end with one of them never talking to her again.

she holds herself up on the sink breathing in and out deeply.

"everything all right, gwen?" mark asks his wife seeing how she struggles.

"yes, just nervous." she replies choking again. "i'll be okay. just give me a few minutes."

"they're only gonna ask you a few questions. answer them honestly and nothing will happen." mark says standing behind her stroking her shoulders. "what's the worst that could happen?"

"that neither callie or arizona will ever talk to me again because i ruined their lifes." gwen replies. "i haven't slept the whole night thinking about every outcome, mark."

"i'll be there in the courtroom. just look at me." mark says kissing gwen behind her ear. "you're gonna be fine."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

before gwen can go to court she had to work. she was in the e.r. when jenny, a former patient of her and april was admitted once again. she and alex went with her into the trauma room.

"this one is deeper than i would like." gwen discovers as she looks at the broken glass that was inside the skin of jenny's belly.

"i'll stitch it up. you have to go." alex pressures gwen.

"is the baby okay?" jenny's mom asks them worried.

"let's take a look." gwen smiles preparing the ultrasound.

"jenny. hi, tara." april greets them as she enters the trauma room. "i heard you fell."

"on some dishes." jenny explains. "i was washing them and got soapy water all over the floor. then i slipped."

"i told her i would do them later." tara defends. "she's nesting, i think."

"mom, cut it out." jenny comments.

"there is the baby's heartbeat, nice and steady, and the baby's active, which is exactly what you want." gwen smiles with alex standing behind her to look over the ultrasound himself.

"i fell really hard. are you sure?" jenny asks.

"well, the baby looks great, but i see some free fluid in your abdomen. it might be bleeding." alex discovers.

"or amniotic fluid." gwen mumbles to alex.

"jenny, i'm gonna have to take you up and have a look." alex says.

"surgery?" tara asks.

"no. no surgery. i don't want to go through that again." jenny panicks.

"it's nothing. i'm gonna make a small incision, put a scope in there, make sure everything's all right." alex explains.

"you'll be there, right?" tara asks gwen.

"i-i'm sorry. actually, i wish i could. today i can't." gwen says. "dr.russo will monitor the baby. he's the o.b. on call, and he's great."