sixty seven

it was their first day as a married couple. as a real married couple. it feels weird for gwen but it also feels right.

gwen and mark both panting heavily when gwen collapsed next to mark. they both sweated and gwen had a sheet drapped over her breast.

"this was great. you are amazing in bed." gwen breath out.

"our first night as a married couple." mark smiles looking at his wife. "you are my wife now."

"i love it when you say wife." gwen smiled kissing him.

"you are my wife. gwendolyn caroline shepherd-sloan." mark repeats his smile couldn't leave his face.

"and you are my husband." gwen couldn't stop smiling either. then she looked at their hands and the rings they wear. "the rings are beautiful. now everybody can see we are married. you are mine."

mark chuckles starting to kiss her neck again.

"you want to continue with our wedding night?" mark asks smirking.

"i would love to more than anything but i have a patient who waits." gwen explains. "but i wanted to shower first."

mark didn't thought twice before carring her bridal style in to the bathroom making gwen giggle loudly.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was in the hospital walking down the hall to her patient.

"morning. kim, sean." gwen greets the couple as she enters the room. "how're you feeling?"

"ready." kim sipmly replies. "today is the day."

"how are you doing?" gwen asks sean, the husband.

"okay." he responds making gwen nod.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"you need a consult?" owen asks gwen as he found her at a nurses station.

"kim allan. she has stage-four large cell lung cancer." gwen presents giving him the chart walking down the hall. "i removed the second mass from her right lung about two months ago, but the tests show the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and to her liver. she was readmitted last week with pulmonary edema. i drained as much fluid as i could, but she's having a tough time breathing."

"that's too bad. you gonna intubate her?" owen asks as they stopped walking.

"she doesn't want that." gwen replied looking at him.

"you have to treat her palliatively. i don't see what else we can do for her." owen siggest shaking his head.

"she wants us to help her die." gwen explains making owen look at her with shock.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and owen were back in kim's room.

"since the state requires two physicians' signatures, i've asked dr.hunt to look over your chart." gwen explains making the couple nod. "her prognosis says that she has less than six months to live. i have informed her of her treament options. she has met with a psychologist who has determined that she is mentally fit. and this can serve as her second oral request."

"okay." kim nodded holding the oxygen mask to her face.

"you have to say it." gwen tells her. "washington state says i have to hear you ask two times at least 15 days apart."

"it's so weird." kim breathed out. "it's like i'm applying to die."

"if you're having second thoughts..."