one hundred twenty five

gwen was sitting in the attendings lounge together with the other board members for a meeting.

bailey's patients had been suspected to have some sort of infection. but they didn't know the source so they had to interrogate bailey.

"we are throwing bailey under the bus." gwen states sipping on her coffee.

"come on. that is not what we're doing." jackson shakes his head pouring himself a cupbof coffee.

"yeah, it's seems like that's exactly what we're doing." callie agrees gwen.

"two of our patients are dead of the same post-op infection." jackson reminds them sitting down. "a third one's barely hanging on. it was time. we get the cdc in here and figure this thing out."

"by treating bailey like a criminal?" mark asks confused. "she hasn't done anything."

"i hope that your right." jackson says. "the truth is, we don't know that yet. cdc is simply asking us to temporarily freeze bailey's files."

"oh, come on." derek scoffs next to gwen.

"and that we not discuss this investigation with her. so today, just keep your distance." jackson adds.

"that is ridiculous." cristina states.

"also i think now's the time to put out a statement." jackson says.

"no, no." the others cut him short.

"no. about what?" gwen scoffs at him. "i mean, we don't even know if bailey's the source of this thing."

"if one of ours is at fault and we just sit on this information, we look like we're trying to cover something up." jackson points out. "the only way to let the public know that we can be objective is by being transparent."

"vote?" callie asks the group.

"i'm just saying, people should learn the news from us." jackson tries again to convince them.

"there's no news." derek corrects him.

"okay, vote?" callie asks once again.

"there's no news yet." jackson says.

"vote." callie repeats. "all in favor of no press realease." callie says making everyone except jackson raise their hands. "okay. no press release. ne statement. clear?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen sat with callie on a gurney while a woman from cdc did an smear from their noses.

"oh, i was expecting a probing." callie commented once she was done. "that's really more of a gentle swabbing."

"speaking of probing, i've decided to have the baby naturally again, but i know the second i start to scream, mark is gonna have them pump me full of drugs, like hailey's birth, so i'm going to need you there in my corner." gwen begs her best friend.

"yeah. uh, i'm not gonna do that." callie tells her slow. "when babies come out, people poop on the table."

"callie-" gwen gasps as alex walks in sitting next to gwen.

"karev. can you make it fast?" alex asks the woman from cdc. "peckwell's hlhs mom is gonna be admitted. we gotta go walk her through the procedure." he informs gwen.

"yeah, i'll be there then." gwen nods at him.

"who is peckwell?" callie asks them.

"wilson boyfriend which is why alex hates him." gwen answers.