thirteen

new york city
august 2005

mark was the first who came back to consciousness.

his vision was a little blurry and his chest and head hurted like hell.

"oh fuck." he groaned and touched his head. when he looked at his hand there was blood.

then he looked around. a car was in front of him. it looks like they had a crash. he heard the sirens from the ambulances. there was broken glass everywhere.

but then suddenly he remembered something.

"gwen." he said loud and looked to his right.

she was lying there motionless. her head bleed as well and she had two pieces of glass in her body. one in her chest and one in her abdomen.

he checked her puls and sighed relieved when he found. it was weak but there.

"gwen, please. wake up." he begs while tears forming in his eyes.

then he remembered something else.

"the baby." he said and put his hand on her stomach. "oh no."

then suddenly the door got pulled open by a firefighter.

"sir? can you hear me?" the firefighter asked him.

"yeah. my girlfriend. please, you have to save her." mark sobs while getting pulled out of the car.

"sir, what's your name?" a paramedic asked.

"mark sloan. please, my girlfriend." he said while he got put on a gurney.

"what's her name?" another paramedic asked.

"gwendolyn, gwen. everyone calls her gwen. please you have to safe her." he said.

"they help her but we need to save you know."

"no. please i need to see her." mark tried to stand up.

"sir. sir!" but mark kept running until he got to her.

"push one more of epi." he heard a paramedic.

they did cpr on her while they ventilate her.

"gwen. no. please don't die." mark cries.

"sir, does she take medication, does she have allergies or something?" the same paramedic asks.

"no, but she is pregnant. please you have to save them." he begs.

"we have a sinus rhythm." another paramedic shouts.

"oh thank got." mark sighed relieved but then his energy gave up and he collapsed on the floor.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen opened her eyes slightly. where was she? she couldn't remember one thing. but then it made click.

accident!