sixty four

it was valentines day. a day that gwen hated. but even with her hate to that day gwen sit in a car with mark, derek and meredith on the way to a restaurant.

"i can't believe we're doing this." gwen scoffs from the back seat.

"it's valentines day." mark reminds her putting a hand on her thigh.

"we don't do valentines day." gwen and meredith said in unsion.

"there's more to live than in the hospital." derek states from the drivers seat.

"no, there isn't." meredith shoke her head.

"it's romantic." mark tells the woman.

"no, it's not." gwen dismisses him.

then they saw an ambulance driving in the opposite direction.

"ambulance!" gwen states looking out of the window.

"eyes front, ladies." mark tells them making gwen look at him.

then another three ambulances drove by.

"okay, that seemed big." meredith said.

"if it's big, they'll page us." derek assurs her.

then all of their pager began to beep making the men sigh and the ladies smile.

"it's big." mark states looking at his pager.

"yes." gwen smiles at him.

derek turned sharply with his car to drive back to the hospital.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

after gwen changed into scrubs she walked up to meredith who treated an older woman.

"what do we have, grey?" gwen asks taking the chart from the older woman.

"decreased breath sounds on the left side, possibly a pneumothorax." meredith explained.

"put in a chest tube if you need to." gwen tells her. "evaluate and page me if it's surgical." then gwen walked away.

she walked away from the e.r when she found sloan at a nurses station.

"sloan? when did you get in?" gwen asks smiling as she approached the teenie. "does mark know you're here?"

"no. my flight got in a little early." sloan replied slightly nervous. "and i just took a cab here. i didn't want to bug him. somebody said that you guys have a free clinic. do you know where that is?"

"is everything okay?" gwen asked concerned.

"oh, yeah, i just want someone to check me out after the surgery and everything." sloan explained. "maybe giving me an ultrasound or something."

"the clinic closed an hour ago." gwen dismissed her making sloan frown. "come on, i have a second. plus i told i can be your doctor."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen hold the wand onto sloan's stomach looking at the monitor.

"the baby looks perfect." gwen informed sloan.

"awesome." sloan smiled. "can i, like, get that in writing?"

"oh, even better." gwen said handing sloan an ultrasound photo. "here is a souvenir."

"oh, uhm, don't you have some kind of official form or..." sloan stammers looking at the photo while gwen looked at her with furrowed brows. "a hospital document that you can give me?"