twenty three

gwen was early in the hospital with a coffee in her hands. she walked around the corner to see derek and richard who is walking away.

"what's wrong with the chief?" she asks her brother.

"he's a junkie." he answeres.

"him? you're the one that looks all strung out." she tells him.

"i'm just tired." he shrugges.

"let me guess. you and meredith were up all night doing the horizontal salsa." gwen guessed smirking.

"mambo." he corrected her. "horizontal mambo. meredith and i, we're just friends."

"sexy friends." she smirks.

"you're the most juvenile human being i've ever met in my life." he tells her while sipping on his coffee.

"the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem." she informs him while sipping on her coffee as well.

"how many times have you slept with mark today?" he asks her.

when mark told derek about him and gwen he was suprisingly relaxed. he and gwen talked about it when she came back from la. he isn't a fan of it but he accepts it when gwen is happy.

"that's not a problem, man. that's an adventure." she tells him smilling.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was being paged to the e.r. apparently they was a big explosion and a baby was injured.

she made it down fast.

"hey. hey. it's ok. brian, i'm here. it's ok, sweetheart." the father, dave, tries to calm him. "brian, stop crying, baby. i can't think. why won't he stop crying?"

"whoa, hey there brian." gwen said softly as she took the baby in her arms. "whoa, you're a big boy. do you work out?" she asks him as she bobs him in her arms. "you take care of yourself?" she asks but then she smelled something on him.

"dr.shepherd. ct results. should i page the other shepherd?" karev asks gwen.

"no, he's in surgery. let me take a look." gwen says while taking the scans.

"what do you see?" dave, the father asks.

"there's nothing acute." she replies.

"nothing? so he's going to be ok?" dave asks.

"yeah, i'm gonna... i need to run a couple more tests, ok?" gwen informs him. then she smelled on brian again who still cried. "schedule an mri and have the lab run a tox screen on brian's blood." gwen whispers to karev.

"why?" he asked.

"because i said so nancy drew. just do it." she orders and smells on brian again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen got brian into a privat room to examine him.

"dr.shepherd?" alex called her quiet when he enterd the room.

"baby. it's ok." dave still try to calm his son.

"lab work?" she asks the resident. she looked over the papers before she gritted her teeth.

"it's crazy, isn't?" alex asks her.

"stay here." she instructs him. "stay here and do not leave. do not leave that man alone with that child." she said to wich he nodded.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤