one hundred fifty two

hope this chapter won't be that confusing :)

it was early in the morning when gwen stood in the o.r with arizona delivering a baby.

"courtney, you're doing great." arizona smiles as the mother.

"clamp." gwen holds her hand out.

"is she okay?" courtney asks concerned. "tell me she's okay."

"are you kidding? she's absolutely beautiful." gwen tells the mother with a smile under her mask. "isn't that right, dr.robbins?"

"she's so beautiful." arizona agrees as gwen cut the cord. "we're just gonna check her out and get her a little oxygen."

"lap pads." gwen instructs the nurse. "all right, the placenta, dr.robbins."

"yeah, i got it." arizona nods tearing her eyes away from alex and the newborn. "hey, alex, how are her stats?"

"below 90, but improving with bagging." alex replies examining the baby. "all right, let's get her ready to go."

"arizona, the baby is no longer your patient." gwen reminds her in a professional but harsh voice. "pay attention here."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

after getting out of surgery and bringing the patient and baby back to their room gwen walked down the hall.

she was totally exhausted from this day and the increasing headaches and the temporary worsening of her vision do not make it any easier for her.

the last thing she needed was hearing callie and mark shouting at each other in the attendings lounge.

"no! that's the stupiest idea i've ever heard." callie tells mark in a loud and harsh voice as she sits on a couch with folded arms like a little child.

meanwhile mark walked back and forth in the room.

"it is not a stupid idea." mark retorts.

"you're talking about spending a large portion of my grant money on a complicated staged facial reconstruction for one patient." callie says while gwen watched the two.

"so, what, you want to just reject him?" mark shouts.

"no, we find a way to help him that's less stupid!" callie repeats.

"okay, i'm gonna grab lunch." mark says storming out of the room without even noticing gwen.

she stood in the doorway looking at her best friend on shock.

gwen sighs loud gaining callie's attention who just looked back down.

gwen sat down on a stool.

"what's going on?" gwen asks.

"it's just i keep giving and giving and giving." callie sighs shaking her head.

"couple therapy with arizona?" gwen asks to which callie nods. "it'll get better. once you talked about everything it will get better."

"why is my marriage so full of problems?" callie asks sobbing. "and why is your marriage so easy?"

"oh, my marriage is not easy. being married to mark sloan is not easy. just the amount of time he needs in the bathroom. plus he's probably the most horniest person on this planet." gwen says making callie chuckle.

"thank you."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

finishing the dinner gwen washed the dishes in the sink.