twenty six

gwen was in the kitchen making some coffee for her and callie.

"good morning." she greets callie happily handing her the coffee.

"good morning." she groans back.

"is something? are you ok?" she asks after she sipped from her coffee.

"no. i just haven't slept that good in the night." she explaines while sitting in front of her in the kitchen. "how is it with being the new cardio surgeon?"

"it's great callie. today i'm on call and i'm super excited." she tells her grinning. "it feels good finally operating on a heart. the last time i operated on a heart was in new york. then when i was in la i got the spot as a fetal specialist."

"but you're specialized in both?" callie asks confused.

"yes. and finally i'm doing cardio again."

"then why did you become a fetal surgeon?" callie asks looking at her confused.

"i love fetal. and peds. and they always be my most loved specialties but cardio is just more hardcore and more tricky."

callie just nodded before she disappeared in the bathroom.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"dr.yang." gwen says as she enters the trauma room when she got paged.

"teresa brotherton, lost vitals, coded." cristina informs her. "i needled a tension pneumo on the right side." she continues as gwen hears the patients breathsound through stethoscope. "she regained vitals."

"so much air in the soft tissue it's obscuring the ultrasound." gwen states while doing one. "probably punctured an airway as well as her lung. feel that?"

as both meredith and cristina reached forward to feel it gwen shoke her head.

"i was talking to grey. we've got it from here, yang." gwen tells her trying not to sound rude.

cristina and meredith looked at each other before cristina stepped aside.

"call ct. tell them we're on our way." gwen instructs grey.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"clear." gwen shout in the o.r.

"charged." a nurse says. "no rhythm."

"clear." gwen shout once again. "push intracardiac epi. get ready to cross-clamp the aorta."

"the heart's responding." meredith announces. "sinuy rhythm."

"all right. that's twice in two hours this woman has died. let's pick up the pace. the less time she's on the table, the better." she said serious.

gwen was normally the most happiest person but since she is on cardio she became more and more cold in her surgeries. but the moment she left the o.r she was the bubbly person she always is.

"quite a rush?" gwen asks meredith smirking. then she looked up to the gallery to find cristina and mark sitting next to each other.

"gwen took my o.r. she's got pushy." mark said to cristina.

"pushy and rude." cristina said still pissed that gwen didn't let her scrub in.

"is she doing a stapled tractotomy?" he asks as he leans forward in his chair.

"yeah, she's trying to save as much lung tissue as possible." cristina explaines to him.

"that doesn't make her pushy and rude." mark defends her.