one hundred seventeen

one week since bailey's wedding and one week without gwen telling callie about her pregnancy.

it was nagging in her bowels. she didn't want to lie to her but she just couldn't bring herself to tell her.

plus, today they might get a judgement from the court because of the plane crash, which is more stress for gwen.

"it's gonna take months for decision." mark reminds his wife early in the morning as they lie in bed.

"maybe not." gwen retorts.

"gwen, your first trimester is over." mark says kissing her temple. "let's focus on that. try and relax a little bit. enjoy it. tell callie. she'll be happy for you."

then mark stood up walking into the bathroom leaving gwen alone in bed.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"morning." mark greets derek in the elevator later at work.

"morning." derek yawns.

"tired?" mark guessed.

"pregnant woman at home." derek says rubbing his eyes.

"yeah, same." mark cuckles. "it's exhausting."

the two stood silent when the elevator stopped again.

this time owen steps in.

"morning." he greets the two other men.

"morning." only derek greets back while mark stood silent.

"hey, i heard there might be a judgment today. i hope it works out for you." owen tries to make conversation.

"no, you don't." mark blurts making owen look at him. "a judgment comes down that quickly, it means the hospital's negligent. it means you did something wrong. which you did."

"well, you've obviously been thinking that for a while. i'm glad you... finally got it out in the open." owen nods as the elevator doors opened again. "and for the record, i really do hope it works out for you."

then owen left the elevator leaving the other two alone.

"harsh." derek states.

"because of him gwen almost died." mark reminds him. "i can be as harsh as i want."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood at the o.r. board meredith and april at the nurses station behind her.

"where'd you get the cookies?" gwen ask when she saw cristina with a cookie jar approaching her.

"webber didn't want the pity cookies from his girlfriend about his dead wife." cristina responds as the two joined meredith and april at the nurses station. "he's not operating, so jackson's mommy was worried. whatever. these cookies are awesome."

"what about jackson?" april asks from where she sat in front of the computer.

"are you still pining over jackson?" cristina asks.

"no." april scoffs. "god. no. why? is he seeing someone?"

"april, april..." gwen spokes up taking a cookie. "jackson is like a cookie. people want to lose weight, they don't eat the cookie. but then they get so hung up on not having the cookie that their whole life is about the cookie."

"my whole life is not about the cookie." april defends herself.

then she stood up snatching the cookie out of gwen's hand before walking away.