one hundred fifty one

it was early in the morning when gwen walked through the peds floor.

she was quite relaxed today. she brought her kids to day-care/pre-school, drove to her favourite coffee shop and most importantly just had sex in an on call room with her husband.

she smiled like crazy and smiled more when she saw alex coming up towards her.

"sheperd." he calls her.

"ah! there you are. hey, welcome back." gwen greets him happily.

"can i talk to you-"

"yeah. marty secord in 2313. his liver enzymes are looking good, but i'm worried he might have to go back in for an ercp, so you make sure you keep an eye on it." gwen says as her pager went off. "oh, that's my patient."

"we have to talk. one minute." alex begs.

"later, alex." gwen only says stepping into the elevator.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood next to jo doing a angio on her patient.

it was quite relaxed until amy came into the o.r.

"good morning." she greets her.

"morning." gwen greets back confused why her sister is here. "how are you feeling, roy?"

"i like this mattress." roy answers making gwen smile. "i got to get me one of these. mine is all foofy." he laughs.

"we will see what we can do." gwen chuckles eyes focused on the screen in front of her. "what are you doing here, amy?"

"oh, you know. just checking. derek drives me crazy, you know." amy sighs rubbing her forehead.

"graft's deployed. let's inject the dye." gwen announces.

"what is it that derek treats you like an actual sister and me like an enemy?" amy asks.

"i think you have to ask this derek and not me." gwen replies but she furrows her brows when she saw something on the screen. "i'm seeing diminished perfusion to the spine."

now she got amy's medical attention.

"roy, wiggle your toes for me, would you, please?" amelia asks looking at the patient's feets.

"wiggle, wiggle, wiggle." roy laughs but his toes didn't move an inch. "like that?"

"wiggle a little harder." gwen pushes him.

"let me check his babinski reflex." amelia says running something over the sol of roy's foot making his toes fan out.

"when the toes fan out reflexively, what's that indicate?" gwen asks her sister.

"just what you're afraid of. high spinal injury." jo answers. "is he paralysed?"

"try it again." gwen instructs amelia.

"something's wrong?" roy suddenly asks getting panicked. "i can't feel my legs. what's happening?"

"roy, it's possible that the blood to your spine has been cut off by the graft, but i'm gonna do everything i can to fix it, okay?" gwen assures him with convincing eyes.

"okay. please do. please." roy pleads.

"i'm gonna give you something to let you sleep." gwen informs him.

"start with trying to induce hypertension." amelia whispers to her sister. "see if we can enhance spinal perfusion."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤