fifty five

"mark!" gwen calls him when she found him in the hall.

he turns around and smiles at her.

"i had one surgery after another and i was never so full of adrenaline. i feel like i could do anything." she smiles wich makes him smile.

"i'm happy about that. so, dinner?" he smirks.

"i would love that." she smiles and kisses him.

"who's george?" a red haired woman asks them.

mark knew her from the e.r as the girl who got saved from the bus.

"what?" gwen asks confused.

"jon doe, the guy who threw me out of the way of the bus, who saved my life. everyone's crying and saying, jon doe is george. who's george?" the woman asks.

gwen and mark looked briefly at each other before sprinting away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and mark reached the scrub room to find callie crying and bailey looking blank through the window in the o.r.

"who said that was george? why do we think that's george?" gwen asks them.

"meredith said... i don't know." callie sobs.

"that's not george." gwen states as she saw the patient legs. "look at his feet, look how tall he is." making bailey and callie looking at the man's feet as well. "that's not george."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"he wrote in my hand." meredith repeats as everyone looks at her in front of 'george's' room.

"what do you mean he wrote?" everyone asks her.

"he grabbed my hand and squeezed it and he wrote with his finger." meredith explains.

"he wrote with his finger?" derek raised a brow.

"in my hand, he wrote 007." meredith says.

"well, give..." gwen took meredith's hand writing something. "okay, what did i write?"

"joe?"

"no! no, i did not write joe!" gwen says.

"are you serious?"

"you mean this may not be o'malley?"

"this isn't funny."

"did anyone try and call o'malley? can we get him on the phone?" webber asks as everyone grabbed their phone but nobody could reach george.

"i swear he squezzed my hand-"

"shut it! you don't get to talk anymore, you don't get to talk ever again." gwen snaps.

"i could've sworn it was george." meredith insisted.

"i got voicemail." everyone states.

"he has a freckle in his right hand, it's shaped like texas. i used to teased him about it. i'll check." callie says walking into the room george was in.

everyone watched her and when she started to cry again everyone knew it was really george.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

day 1

gwen was in the e.r to distract herself.

"so, how long ago did the pain start?" gwen asks andy and his mom, pam.