ninety six

gwen sits on the floor with hailey on her lap as mark filmed the two with a camera.

"she's a love bug." gwen states looking down at the blond hair of hailey. "she's gonna take her first steps any minute. i can feel it. okay so i am gonna give you the giraffe, and maybe she'll walk to you."

"well, she's not gonna do it on cue." mark chuckles taking the stuffed animal looking down at hailey. "she's gonna suprise us, right? you gonna suprise us?"

mark tickled hailey's belly smiling at the camera screen where he saw his wife and baby.

"yeah, come to daddy." mark says wagging the giraffe in front of hailey to make her move.

"she's gonna take her first steps while she's in day care, and then i'm gonna kill myself." gwen sighs stroking her daughters head.

"no, she won't." mark assures his wife. "you're not gonna do that, right, hailey? come to daddy. come to daddy."

hailey tried to grab the giraffe but failed which upset her so she started to sob and gwen already had a feeling that she gonna cry.

"you're just the cutest kid on the entire planet." mark smiled.

"she's perfect." gwen agrees as hailey turned around to look at her mother with wide eyes.

mark kept the camera on the two wanting to save as many memories as he can get.

"i love you hailey, mommy loves you." gwen cooed her in a baby voice.

"hey, what's with me?" mark asks offended.

"oh, i love you too." gwen assures him. "you with the combined twins today?"

"yeah, you?" mark asks getting up to walk over to the kitchen.

"no, i have surgeries with yang. but i'll try to come by." gwen assures standing up as well with hailey in her arms.

"it's a one-in-a-lifetime surgery and you don't want to scrub in?" mark asks suprised.

"oh, i have a good reason not to." gwen chuckles making him glare at her confused.

"and which?"

"you know, i worked with arizona in peds a lot in the past and i can tell you from what i experienced that she is gonna act all bitchy today. just be prepared." gwen informs him.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked a little while later trough the hospital after she checked her pre- and post-op patients when mark approached her.

"you were right." mark states.

"i'm always right. but tell me specifically about what i was right this time." gwen smirks.

"arizona is a monster. she nitpicked everyone when we did the practise this morning on the twins." mark sighs as they stopped walking.

"told you." gwen says. "but you will have to get through this."

"you could come and support me. that's what a wife does." mark says.

"oh, no. i do not go in there. plus i have surgeries. to be exactly in 2 minutes." gwen looked down at the watch on her wrist.

"too bad. you know how good i look when i operate." mark smirks walking closer to her.

"i know." gwen kissed him when her pager beeped. "i'm sorry. but i promise i'll come by later with hailey."

"i'll look forward to it." mark smiles before gwen walked down the hall.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤