one hundred thirty six

gwen collapsed next to mark in an on call room after a good morning session.

"wow. that... you really know what you're doing." gwen breaths heavily.

"are you grading me?" mark asks brushing her hair.

"maybe i am a little." gwen props up on her elbow to have a better look at him. "you're gettin' an a."

"i don't know. i'm kind of an overachiever. i'd like to go for the a-plus." mark smirks leaning in to kiss her again.

"how about a second round?" gwen asks.

"i counted so far 4 orgasms of you. so it would be our fifth round." mark smirks as they started to make out again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

after getting out of the on call room gwen immediatly was greeted with callie who walks down the hall.

"hey." they greeted each other.

"how's your research with derek going?" gwen asks.

"oh, the diagnostic look good. i just slipped out for a sec." callie explains.

"do you think you're gonna make it to the shower?" gwen asks.

kepner's and matthew's wedding was in a few days.

today was her shower party.

"oh, crap. kepner's shower is today?" callie asks seemingly forgotten it.

"yeah, it's today." gwen nods. "and she's our friend, so..."

"i know she's our friend." callie cuts her off. "you don't have to tell me she's our friend."

"sorry. i just-"

"i'll be there if i can." callie assures her.

"great." gwen smiles.

"dr.shepherd, dr.torres." leah greets them standing with jo and stephanie at a nurses station.

"dr.murphy." they greet back contuing to walk.

"that was good. professional. i bought it." gwen whispers to callie.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

today was cristina's big surgery. she puts the printed conduit into nathan. it was a big thing so the hospital wants to live stream it so others could learn about it but nathan's parents had their concerns.

"the cameras are only recording the doctors and the surgical field. your son's identity will be completely protected." owen assures the parents.

"good morning." cristina greets them entering the room with gwen.

"we're just hearing about the cameras." ashley, nathan's mom, says, her voice breaks.

"sorry?" cristina asks and gwen was also confused.

"we just told the glaziers we have a lot of people who'd like to observe, so we've set up a live stream." ross explains.

"okay, but i think we would feel better if we knew the focus was on our baby, not putting on a show." don, nathan's dad, says.

"the cameras are there so that, in success, other doctors can learn this technique to help other kids like nathan." owen tries to convince them while cristina and gwen gave each other a look.

"no, no, that doesn't work for me. he's a baby." ashley declines sobbing.

"ashley, ashley look at me." cristina steps forward. "i will be performing the operation, and my only focus will be your son. that is all i care about, okay? that's it."