seventy eight

gwen stood in arizona and callie's apartment helping them packing things for africa. yeah, callie wants to go to africa. more arizona has to go to africa and takes callie with her.

if gwen liked that idea? no. but she supports callie the way callie supported her.

"okay. how about it, mark?" arizona asks holding up a device. "you know you've always wanted one of... these."

mark sipped on his coffee while gwen sat next to him at the kitchen island.

"nah. i'm good." mark nods. "i will take that waffle iron."

"what? i have never even seen you eat a waffle. and i know you my whole life." gwen furrows her brows.

"well, i would if i had a waffle iron." mark replies putting a hand on her tigh.

"okay, callie, we're not gonna take a waffle iron to malawi, and it's not gonna do anybody any good sitting in storage for three years." arizona smiles handing mark the iron. "congratulations. you won yourself a waffle iron. oh! and a french press."

"hey. stop giving my things away." callie holds up a hand making arizona froze.

then she slammed the bedroom door.

"maybe i should pass on the french press." mark nervously chuckles.

"oh, you should." gwen says sternly still upset about callie leaving. "i'll be late for work."

gwen sighs standing up slamming the front door.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

mark walked out of the his patients room when he spotted dr.bailey.

"dr.bailey, do you have a second?" mark asks walking up to her.

"only if what you have to talk about is more important than my being on time for an autopsy." bailey says as they continued to walk.

"oh, that's arguable. we're throwing torres and robbins a bon voyage party in the doctor's lounge this evening." mark explains to her.

"oh, that sounds lovely. uh, i have a full day. but i'll try to stop by." bailey assures him.

"well, the thing is gwen volunteered, uh, to pick up the cupcakes, but she had to pick a full day of surgeries instead. and i just figured, since you are close to both these ladies-" mark smiles.

"you're asking me to take time out of my very busy day to go to the bakery? or would you prefer that i ran home and baked some myself?" bailey raised a brow.

"no." mark shoke his head. "of course not. just an invitation."

"uh-huh." bailey nods walking away.

then lexie walked up to him

"mark." she calls him. "i need to talk to you about christy cornell's... butt."

"but first i need to talk to you about cupcakes." mark pulls lexie with her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood in the o.r operating on her patient when cristina walked in holding a mask on her face.

"irrigate and suction." gwen instructs the resident in front of her. "there. clamp, please."

"dr.shepherd, i really need you to take a look at roy henley." cristina begs her.

"they tell me he's developed cor pulmonale and circulatory collapse." gwen nods looking briefly at cristina.