one hundred twenty six

it was early in the morning when gwen walked up the ambulance bay with holding hailey's hand while she tries to walk by herself.

she saw a truck with sandbags on it. owen stood next to it holding a clipboard.

"what is all this?" gwen asks owen taking hailey off the ground to carry her.

"weather report says a massive storm is coming." owen informs her. "hurricane force winds and heavy rain. they say it's three days out."

"so we have time to prepare, then." gwen says.

"exactly." owen nods. "so for the e.r, we're gonna need to overstock supplies and blood products. let's get ready for double capacity intakes."

the two walked inside the e.r.

"that means extra beds and gurneys in the hallways." owen says.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked into the main hall with callie together after bringing hailey up to day care.

"you heard about the storm?" callie asks her while typing on her phone.

"yeah, owen told me this morning when i got here." gwen replies.

"they say it's only three days away." callie tells her what owen told her before.

"yeah, i heard." gwen says rubbing her belly.

"i hope your not going into labor the next days." callie comments.

"yeah, thank you." gwen rolls her eyes.

they arrived at the crowd of staff that owen has called for a emergency meeting because of the storm.

"this storm will bring in a lot of causalities." owen informs them. "we're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be. post-op and long-term patients are gonna be transferred to seattle pres further inland. we're gonna bring in supplementals, water, food, meds, lighting. we're gonna be checking and refueling the backup generators. as for you surgeons, push, postpone, or cancel all elective procedures until after this storm."

"so we're canceling surgeries now?" gwen asks callie in a low voice.

"well, you can afford to slow down a little bit." mark suddenly says behind her.

she looked behind her to see derek and mark standing behind them.

"i'm pregnant. i'm not sick." gwen mumbles to him.

"you're very pregnant." mark corrects her. "you're three weeks away from your due date."

"you're just like meredith." derek states.

"shepherd." alex calls him.

"yeah?" both siblings said in unsion.

"i mean derek." alex says. "i need your help. come with me."

derek nodded as he walked away with alex.

gwen turned back to the front to listen to owen.

"most importantly, we're gonna need to print hard chopies of all computerized patient charts in case of a power loss." owen informs them.

"all of them?" mark asks. "do we have time to-"

"i'll do that." a female voice spokes up.

turns out it's bailey making gwen smile at her.

"bailey, it's good to have you back. i'll put you on the o.r. rotation." owen tells her.

"i mean i'll do the charts." bailey corrects walking away.