one hundred four

gwen sat at the kitchen table feeding hailey in her highchair while mark was making the breakfast.

"okay, who wants more pancakes?" mark asks with two plates in his hands walking back to the table.

"you haven't had any. sit down." gwen slightly chuckles at how nervous he was.

"i can't sit still. he's taking his test right now." he states.

"it's cute, you being nervous for jackson." gwen smiles still feeding hailey.

"you want some more juice?" mark asks trying to take his mind off of the boards.

"it's paternal." gwen confirms ignoring mark's question. "you're a natural father."

"are you sure you don't want anything?" mark asks his wife. "i could make some bacon..."

"we should have another baby." gwen suddenly blurts making his eyes go wide. she saw the look of panick in his face. "don't freak out. i didn't say right now, just a thought for the future."

"why don't you freak out about cristina?" mark asks avoiding the baby question.

"she's cristina. she's hard core." gwen says. "you know, you don't have to answer the baby question right now. just go back to worrying about jackson, and we can talk about this later."

"gwen, babe, stop rambling." mark stops her sitting down besides her to take her hands. "i would love to have another baby but you know how hard it was for us to have hailey. i just want to enjoy my time with her and in a few years we can think about a second one. you know, when hailey is a little bigger than 6 months."

gwen nodded a sad smile on her face.

"don't be sad. i love you and when the time comes we have another baby." he assures his wife. "maybe when we move to the house?"

"okay." gwen kissed his lips. "i have to go for a consult."

"all right. have fun." mark smiles as she stands up. "i love you."

"i love you too." she calls from the hall before shutting the door.

when she was gone mark looked at hailey who had food all over her face babbling with a bride smile.

"you're so cute." mark states.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"gwen asks me to have another baby this morning." mark informs derek as they walked to their patient.

derek stood silent not really knowing what to say.

"she wants a second baby. she wants a second baby with me." mark repeats.

"and you don't want that because?" derek asks confused.

"of course i want that. i love her and hailey. maybe this time it's a boy. i would love to have two kids." mark says.

"so, what did you say?" derek asks.

"i told her that we should wait a few years. it's crazy." mark answers. "until you think about it and realize it's kind of genius. i love gwen. i want hailey to have some siblings to grow up with. why wouldn't i do?"

"are you asking me if you should have another baby with my sister?" derek questions him with furrowed brows.

"what, you think i shouldn't?" mark asks.

"have a baby or ask me if you should have a baby?" derek asks.

"so you think i should do it?"

"you want to have another baby after all what happened before hailey?" derek stopped in the hall making mark stop.